Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 1 / 1.01)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Good to hear. Thanks FDev!

Got question about my location thou...

I got to Sag A* just before the beta update. After loading 3.3 was thrown some 6kLy from it. When log in to older version, I'm back at Sag A* Can someone explain why is that happening?

Still trying to get the beta into VR, but in 2D, no crashes in Galaxy Map (so far; touch wood).

Well, so much for that.

Finally managed to get the beta into VR, and CTD a few seconds after entering Galaxy Map. Crash Report sent.

I'm getting the same issue. Three times in succession .
Tried jumping to another system as Vark suggested - but after jump, entering Galaxy map still crashes.
Was going to post in bug forum but the version number isn't available in the dropdown yet so didn't want to confuse things.
I'm guessing this isn't ubiquitous or there'd be a lot more posts - anything I can do to narrow down the cause...
I have sent a crash report.

Good to hear. Thanks FDev!

Got question about my location thou...

I got to Sag A* just before the beta update. After loading 3.3 was thrown some 6kLy from it. When log in to older version, I'm back at Sag A* Can someone explain why is that happening?

The beta servers usually use older saves of each account, so being somewhere else in the beta than you were in the live version is normal :)

Handful of explorers: When we use the new systems we're drawing a half megawatt of power!!
FDEV: ohmahgerd sorry guys here's a hotfix

VR players: When we use the new systems we cant SEE
FDEV: ...

Only teasing, I love the game and know these things take time, but yea seriously, we can barely even see.

Like many others, I'm having the 'instacrash' Galaxy map, but also I don't seem to be able to 'honk' any more when I'm in a system - tells me I'm in the wrong cockpit mode?

Did you guys fix the issue in the Deceit system that's keeping all of us docked there from leaving?

I was in Deciat when the Beta went Live, and had no problems leaving (in a private group, if that's relevant?) Have you tried switching mode?

In my case it seems to crash if I switch to the "visited systems"-filter. If I open the map after restart, it remains in this filter and crashes again. I switch to 3.2, set the filter to realistic and switch back. Perhaps an unintended effect of having "different games" using the same user files?

Last edited:
Hi guys!

Please make sure you're submitting your crash dumps. :D

I dont even get them I think, just a CTD with no error or the usual crash report screen.

Like many others, I'm having the 'instacrash' Galaxy map, but also I don't seem to be able to 'honk' any more when I'm in a system - tells me I'm in the wrong cockpit mode?

Make sure you are in 'analysis HUD mode'. See controls for the correct key.

I know it's not in the plans, but is there any technical/lore constraint that prevents me from raising the maximum limit of my ship stock by station? there are new ships arriving and currently I had to decrease my collection from 70 to 59 ships and that broke my heart

If you havent figured it out yourself yet theres loads of new features combat mode and exploration mode are now a thing and you have to switch between the two. It even said first time booting up the beta that there are new keybinds that you dont have set, i was sad to loose all my custom keybinds but all you have to do is select the keylayouts according to your control method (keyboard and mouse, gamepad, ect ect) and it will automatically assign keys to all the new features.

Sending crash dump each time from various angles, how many before you okay that's enough?

Does it in both Horizons and none Horizons

Update - not sure but think the route plan update on opening it may have something to do with it.

selected nearby star opened system map went to orrey went to galmap (with no route) galmap okay then plotted route okay, went on FSS scanning went back to NAV panel highlighter on selection missing scrolled tabs highlighter back galmap working

Last edited:
I was in Deciat when the Beta went Live, and had no problems leaving (in a private group, if that's relevant?) Have you tried switching mode?

Tried solo, private, open, horizon, non horizon, in VR and on flat screen, same issue each time, can get 1 second in game then instant crash to desktop.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom