Patch Notes Update Beyond - Chapter Four - Beta (Week 2)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I have one of the new x56's and had the ghost keypress issue, until I switched it from a powered usb2 hub directly into a usb3 port. Since then, no issues at all.

I've read similar: plugging the X56 into a powered USB hub is a must. It draws too much power and people complain about issues not knowing this.

Hi!

Nice job with the new discovery scanner. But, i think there sllestial objects scanned with the detail surfice scannner sould b given some indicator in the navigation panel, telling us they have been fully scanned.

I guess i could ceep on bookmarking them. But, with out some way to categorise each bookmark, this could end up messing the bookmark panel in the galaxy map. that is not accesable from anywhere else.

I have noticed geologiacal structers discovered with the ditail surfice scanner don't appear in the srv's navigation panel, i think this sould change.

Allso, i believe there sould b more npc crew options to hire npc's for the gunner positions, specially mow that when deep core mining requires to fitt big ships in tight places.

And a long lasting complain from me is the normal space flight system, slowing down after boosting sould b a bug to b fixed, not a core game mechanic.

My suggestion would b to ceep every ship's top cruising speed as it is, and repace the broken boost system with a multy role function, producing different resaults, depending on the thruttle's position, and if the bound key was pressed or double tabed

Haven't got much to say about mining, since i missed fitting a prospector limpet controller before leaving the bubble, and had to make about 50 jumps to get back to a station and fitt one. But i am sure u guys did a great job there.

But, i still think npc gunners r necessary to prevent people of thinking single player controled ships r intentionally cept nerfesd to intise players of using the multycrew thing.

Last edited:
Question: why are there separate binds for entering and exiting FSS mode instead of a single enter/exit bind? It's really annoying having to waste two keys just to enter and exit FSS.
Actually, I think this was mostly a problem with a bunch of blank key-bindings. FSS mode acts just like the galactic and systems maps. I just mapped "exit FSS mode" to my "exit/menu-back" joystick button, so FSS works like the maps.

I've mapped the binds for FSS mode and Discovery Probes, to match what I use for maps. It works surprisingly well. For me, launching probes is 100% handled by the mouse (just like maps).

Last edited:
Hi!

Nice job with the new discovery scanner. But, i think there sllestial objects scanned with the detail surfice scannner sould b given some indicator in the navigation panel, telling us they have been fully scanned.

I guess i could ceep on bookmarking them. But, with out some way to categorise each bookmark, this could end up messing the bookmark panel in the galaxy map. that is not accesable from anywhere else.

I have noticed geologiacal structers discovered with the ditail surfice scanner don't appear in the srv's navigation panel, i think this sould change.

Allso, i believe there sould b more npc crew options to hire npc's for the gunner positions, specially mow that when deep core mining requires to fitt big ships in tight places.

And a long lasting complain from me is the normal space flight system, slowing down after boosting sould b a bug to b fixed, not a core game mechanic.

My suggestion would b to ceep every ship's top cruising speed as it is, and repace the broken boost system with a multy role function, producing different resaults, depending on the thruttle's position, and if the bound key was pressed or double tabed

Haven't got much to say about mining, since i missed fitting a prospector limpet controller before leaving the bubble, and had to make about 50 jumps to get back to a station and fitt one. But i am sure u guys did a great job there.

But, i still think npc gunners r necessary to prevent people of thinking single player controled ships r intentionally cept nerfesd to intise players of using the multycrew thing.

You know there's a feedback forum that the devs will actually y'know - read? Might be better to post there https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php/285-Beyond-Chapter-Four-3-3-Beta-Feedback

o7

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom