Beyond Happiness

Can't seem to find any information on this, but since all the new happiness states were added, I've only ever seen Happy or Elated systems.
I don't even know of there are negative states, because I've never seen one.

Even if the faction is in outbreak, bust or war, they're all happy. Lol

Also, famine? Can't find any solid info on that. Is it random, or can it be triggered?

The BGS seems very dull and samey since beyond.
Admittedly, I never paid any attention before, but it bugs me that everyone is happy all the time. Lol
I demand misery!

I've been busy in my Python 'Free Love'...
D_twxsTXoAEK_rB

<starts the broken record track >... targeting negative state-inducing activities at factions is grossly difficult compared to the relevant ease of creating positive effects.

Positive effects are as simple as:

• Load mission board
  • select appropriate faction you want to support
  • pick any of the missions on offer to sort them
Access to negative effect activities needs to be just as simple... and it currently isn't.^

Last i saw on a livestream, which is yet to be countermanded... FD associate "positive" results with player success, and "Negative" results with player failure. That's the wrong mentality as far as I'm concerned, because it means if you want to see negative effects, fly like a potato.

^ about the only active measures are murderhoboing and being incredibly selective about missions... to the point where for every one suitable negative effect mission targeting the right faction you find... about ten or twenty positive action missions need to bee churned.

Last edited:
'Despondent', 'Discontented', 'Elated', 'Happy' are the ones I've seen. Despondent is pretty hard to achieve, you'd think this lot were close:

D4pP7Mi.png
Are there any observable effects of happiness yet, considering the expansion mechanic is presumably in dodo-land?

Are there any observable effects of happiness yet, considering the expansion mechanic is presumably in dodo-land?
I've not noticed anything - though the journal sometimes giving different values to the right panel display (and sometimes giving entirely blank values) doesn't help.

It feels more like an effect than a cause at the moment - possibly a balance of positive versus negative transaction counts?

It feels more like an effect than a cause at the moment - possibly a balance of positive versus negative transaction counts?

I don't know - we've just kept a faction at 1% through their entire retreat, and those folks are still Happy as all get out. I can't rule out Onionhead, of course.

Top Bottom