BGS effect of piracy?

I've got a question about the effects of PvE piracy. Does robbing an NPCs ship count as a BGS transaction, or is it only the incurred bounty, which is counted? If I understand it correctly, selling the loot on a black market should have an noticeable effect. Especially since the profit margin is always at 100%. But I didn't find anything about what kind of effect the robbery itself has?

Unless you destroy the NPC ship (which counts like a kill), any of such interaction shouldn't have any effect on BGS to my records.

Several:

Assault (i.e. shooting the ship) will (depending on the faction of the ship) will count as a negative. From my own tests an assault is roughly 1/4 of a murder.

Murder is full fat negativity.

Selling the goods in a BM in an anarchy system will strengthen an anarchy faction.

Selling goods to a non anarchy faction with a BM will give negative actions BGS wise.

Fines (i.e. interdiction and no shooty shooty) count for ATR (i.e. to invoke ATR you have to get a certain number of fines, assaults or murders to get them to pop up, depending on sec level).

Fines by themselves count negatively if you are scanned and caught with naughty things on board.

There is more but those are the main ones.

Any idea what counts? The number of fines, or the height of the fine?

I never did testing on them beyond the basics really. I assumed each time you are fined acted as one 'unit' rather than the value being important. But thats a guess- I was more interested in the explody part of the BGS :D

last time i tested it (! 4 years ago, much has changed!) it was a combination of number of fines and value, with hefty softcaps on both.
also note, that you can be fined for illegal cargo only once, while you can drop 1 t at a time ... but generally, fines have been very minor, and rightly so, as they are easily exploitable.

Several:

Assault (i.e. shooting the ship) will (depending on the faction of the ship) will count as a negative. From my own tests an assault is roughly 1/4 of a murder.

Murder is full fat negativity.

Selling the goods in a BM in an anarchy system will strengthen an anarchy faction.

Selling goods to a non anarchy faction with a BM will give negative actions BGS wise.

Fines (i.e. interdiction and no shooty shooty) count for ATR (i.e. to invoke ATR you have to get a certain number of fines, assaults or murders to get them to pop up, depending on sec level).

Fines by themselves count negatively if you are scanned and caught with naughty things on board.

There is more but those are the main ones.
It's also worth noting the negative effect of selling on the BM will vary depending on the type of goods. E.g from FD's livestream:
1603275741048.png

1603275724691.png

1603275775060.png

... where smuggle == sell on black market (regardless of being stolen/illegal)

Also note the specific activity Rubbernuke refers to is Violent Crimes... that is assault and murder. These are both bounty offences, not fines.

So, you can't hurt a faction by grabbing 100 tonnes of stolen LTDs and get repeatedly scanned by authorities, or abandon missions with multi-million credit fines. It's only crimes which attract a bounty.

Attachments

• 1603275640436.png
    1603275640436.png
    202 KB · Views: 188
  • 1603275768852.png
    1603275768852.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 127
It's also worth noting the negative effect of selling on the BM will vary depending on the type of goods. E.g from FD's livestream:
View attachment 192062
View attachment 192061
View attachment 192064
... where smuggle == sell on black market (regardless of being stolen/illegal)

Also note the specific activity Rubbernuke refers to is Violent Crimes... that is assault and murder. These are both bounty offences, not fines.

So, you can't hurt a faction by grabbing 100 tonnes of stolen LTDs and get repeatedly scanned by authorities, or abandon missions with multi-million credit fines. It's only crimes which attract a bounty.

In my head fines are a faction punishing you via credits :D

Top Bottom