BGS not properly updating.

Hello,

So my squadron and I have noticed lately, that the BGS isn't updating properly it seems. We were in an expansion state, have been since the 13th, it is now the 19th, and we are still in an expansion state even after Tick last night at 1:31 UTC. The expansion state was only supposed to last 5 days according to every BGS guide out there.

Has anyone else noticed this?

@sallymorganmoore @Paul_Crowther @Zac Cocken

It's about 5 days. Is often day early or late, and occasionally a few days late.
Best thing to do is complain about it here, that almost always guarantees it will process next tick.

It's about 5 days. Is often day early or late, and occasionally a few days late.

Never had it be beyond 5 days, we're now at 6 days though and the last two ticks have been extremely late over the weekend.
Best thing to do is complain about it here, that almost always guarantees it will process next tick.
I'm not really complaining though, I'm just asking if anyone else has this issue ongoing currently.

Never had it be beyond 5 days, we're now at 6 days though and the last two ticks have been extremely late over the weekend.

I'm not really complaining though, I'm just asking if anyone else has this issue ongoing currently.
It is more normal to be a day early, but a day late is certainly not unheard of. We had ours complete a day early last night, so its not a general problem.
Yes, the Tick has now drifted over midnight and is causeing the tick days counting part of my brain to explode.

If you dont complain, it wont work ;) !

Hey there, which faction and system is this concerning?
Radiant Ruby Control Cooperative in Khwar we are in expansion have been since July 13th, today is the 6th day, and the system we are trying to expand to which is the closest to us is Piriti

E: Thanks for the quick reply mate!

Possible expansion prediction ;-)
1626703547863.png

So my squadron and I have noticed lately, that the BGS isn't updating properly it seems. We were in an expansion state, have been since the 13th, it is now the 19th, and we are still in an expansion state even after Tick last night at 1:31 UTC. The expansion state was only supposed to last 5 days according to every BGS guide out there.
You need to look for better BGS guides, then. 5-7 days active (and most often 6) is the normal expansion active length range, and unchanged for a long time.

Checking the last 6 expansions locally (different factions each time) ... one 7-day, 3 6-day, 2 5-day.

Checking a sample of 6 expansions from a year ago (same factions) ... one 7-day, 4 6-day, 1 5-day.

Checking a sample of 6 expansions from two years ago ... one 7-day, 4 6-day, 1 5-day.

(Three years ago would be before the 3.3 BGS rewrite, so no point in checking if it was the same then)

Possible expansion prediction ;-)
View attachment 251100
Yep Piriti being the closest we should be going there. I just updated Piriti about 45 minutes or so ago.
You need to look for better BGS guides, then. 5-7 days active (and most often 6) is the normal expansion active length range, and unchanged for a long time.

Checking the last 6 expansions locally (different factions each time) ... one 7-day, 3 6-day, 2 5-day.

Checking a sample of 6 expansions from a year ago (same factions) ... one 7-day, 4 6-day, 1 5-day.

Checking a sample of 6 expansions from two years ago ... one 7-day, 4 6-day, 1 5-day.

(Three years ago would be before the 3.3 BGS rewrite, so no point in checking if it was the same then)
I guess we got lucky on our last expansion that it happened right at the 5 day mark.

I guess we got lucky on our last expansion that it happened right at the 5 day mark.
Probably. No-one that I know of has figured out if the variation is anything but random.

There is also the slight issue that because the tick shifted from ~2230 to ~0130 a few days ago, there will have been a calendar day in which no ticks occurred.Depending on how you count that might appear to add a day to your expansion which wouldn't have happened with a similarly sized tick shift not crossing midnight.

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
Radiant Ruby Control Cooperative in Khwar we are in expansion have been since July 13th, today is the 6th day, and the system we are trying to expand to which is the closest to us is Piriti

E: Thanks for the quick reply mate!

Thanks! We've taken a look. Can you keep an eye on it over the next 24 hours or so and let us know afterwards if there's no change?

BTW, looks that influence 4 several systems is updating twice per 24hrs. Pyrrha - yesterday morning less, than 60, yesterday evening - 66 , today morning more, than 70. And it's reported by friends, that this morning were no warzones 4 several new wars. It seems 2 me, that something was broken during the latest sever crash - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/server-offline.586500/ During Friday it was not investigated and now we see what we see. Very likely : double tick per day...

BTW, looks that influence 4 several systems is updating twice per 24hrs. Pyrrha - yesterday morning less, than 60, yesterday evening - 66 , today morning more, than 70. And it's reported by friends, that this morning were no warzones 4 several new wars. It seems 2 me, that something was broken during the latest sever crash - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/server-offline.586500/ During Friday it was not investigated and now we see what we see. Very likely : double tick per day...
Working as intended, see Davs most recent livestream. There are 3 phases to the tick:
1. States (doesn't make to the journal until phase 2, bit can be seen in Station News)
2. Traditional Inf
3. New Edo Inf

It is quite rare to spot the difference between 2 and 3 because it is currently happening when most players are asleep (accidentally or by design, you choose)

Working as intended, see Davs most recent livestream. There are 3 phases to the tick:
1. States (doesn't make to the journal until phase 2, bit can be seen in Station News)
2. Traditional Inf
3. New Edo Inf

It is quite rare to spot the difference between 2 and 3 because it is currently happening when most players are asleep (accidentally or by design, you choose)
Hmmm. New EDO inf means ground missions? Nothing from us was done on ground indeed. Or it's inf, passed before 1-2?

Hmmm. New EDO inf means ground missions? Nothing from us was done on ground indeed. Or it's inf, passed before 1-2?
I don't know, ask Dav what he means.
In Dav We Trust, but his numbers don't match our observations, and for me it all happens while I sleep, so can't investigate (if I could be bothered)

Top Bottom