[BGS] Trading for Influence

Very interesting Goemon. It seems that the amount of profit at the black market does have an effect on the influence drop and isn't capped at a fairly low cr/t level like trading for profit at the regular commodities market is.

I think everyone involved in loading up your cutter had a pretty fun time doing it. If you ever want loaded up with stolen goods we can do that just as easily, it's literally as easy as selecting jettison instead of abandon (also need to make sure we're a little further out if there are security ships about :p)
What Trent said!! Just let us know if you or if anyone you know could use our help, we all love to get together just to sling cans in space, along with the other tom foolery that always happens.

All I can add is, About 9 months ago I did a test on cart data and discovered that selling 50 each at 2 stations owned by the same faction did, in fact, yield a better result than selling 50 at 1 station the day before. That was it, I never followed it up with dedicated testing.
Thanks. I have a system I want to flip. It has a population over 8 billion, so will be a bit of an effort. It's one advantage is 4 stations and an outpost, all with blackmarkets.

On the Cap mentioned in OP and rumoured single Commander Cap

Trying to test the single commander cap rumours, here are my findings:

- two runs by a single commander are exactly as effective as two commanders doing one run each

- the general cap on trade mentioned in the OP is a cap on how much influence can be gained by a single run (instance/system visit, docking, ?)

- I will test at some later point how 3, 4, 6 runs are adding up, and might revisit the "single commander cap" question once i hit a soft- or hardcap by numbers of runs.

Trying to test the single commander cap rumours, here are my findings:

- two runs by a single commander are exactly as effective as two commanders doing one run each

- the general cap on trade mentioned in the OP is a cap on how much influence can be gained by a single run (instance/system visit, docking, ?)

- I will test at some later point how 3, 4, 6 runs are adding up, and might revisit the "single commander cap" question once i hit a soft- or hardcap by numbers of runs.
Thanks for running the tests. I also have a number of tests to do with trading and BHing, trying to find a ceiling. Just need to find a specific pair of systems with certain faction makeup and states.

Great work goemon! As I was doing some trade runs today, I thought of a little loophole you might want to test.

So you said: Trading different commodities gains more influence. But you didn't test whether this might only be due to the number of transactions. In my eyes it is not unlikely for this effect to be caused by the number of transactions as you have already shown that small transaction have a higher impact on influence (proportionally to the profit/tonnage) than large transactions.

So you said: Trading different commodities gains more influence. But you didn't test whether this might only be due to the number of transactions. .
i'm don't see how you can create more transactions without using different commodities? after all the 1t-trading-bug was fixed?

I knew that the 1t-trading-bug was fixed. But I don't know to what extent it was.

My idea was that maybe larger chunks of commodities might count as more transactions, e. g. 2 times 100t of commodity A vs 100t of commodity A and B.

I knew that the 1t-trading-bug was fixed. But I don't know to what extent it was.

My idea was that maybe larger chunks of commodities might count as more transactions, e. g. 2 times 100t of commodity A vs 100t of commodity A and B.
more transactions of the same commodity act like one transaction.

more transactions of the same commodity act like one transaction.
Just to be clear, it's per trip, So if you go to another station and restock, the second batch counts as a separate transaction.

Ok, cool. Thanks for the explanation. Does the transaction "last" for the whole tick? Or is there intransperent wall?
You have to jump to another system to get another transaction.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, it's per trip, So if you go to another station and restock, the second batch counts as a separate transaction.

You have to jump to another system to get another transaction.
yeah, something like this. per instance. per docking. per system visit... as there are stations where you can fly from one to the other in real space, all kind of strange things might be possible ... but i have only tested "per trip".

Is there any data on trading at a loss to reduce influence on a controling faction of a station? If you lose money on a trade does that have a negative influence?

Is there any data on trading at a loss to reduce influence on a controling faction of a station? If you lose money on a trade does that have a negative influence?
It was the case BEFORE the big BGS update. I have tested 2 months ago I think and it was not working. I don t know if they have fixed it now....
Bear in mind it is more difficult nowdays to generate negative transactions than before (even murdering has been nerfed).

Top Bottom