Big Fish DLC

Big Fish DLC

Marine aquatic DLC with 3 different types of large prehistoric fish like animals. Unless the devs are ok with water breathing animals being transported by helicopter and not suffocating, then these animals cannot be moved to a different lagoon until they die.

New feeder: Krill feeder- for the Leedsichthys which was a filter feeder. It releases clouds of plankton/ krill.

Megalodon: Largest shark to ever live. It eats from the fish feeder and will attack small aquatic animals. When it bites it shows off its’ many rows of teeth.

Dunkleosteus: Smallest in this DLC, but it packs a bigger attitude. It’s a armored prehistoric fish that bites and rams other animals with its hardened head. It can be killed by large and medium aquatic animals but is aggressive to everything in its’ tank- even a mosasaur. It eats from the fish feeder. If able to add in extra features to lagoons- this critter could attack viewing platforms and bust the glass if it doesn’t have its prey requirement met.

Leedsichhthys- Largest fish like animal to ever live. It feeds from krill instead of the fish feeder. It does need a large lagoon- but it is a very peaceful animal. It can live with small aquatic animals with ease and won’t attack medium and large aquatics unless provoked first. Great animal to safely cohabitate with small marine aquatics.

Thanks for reading!

Big Fish DLC

Marine aquatic DLC with 3 different types of large prehistoric fish like animals. Unless the devs are ok with water breathing animals being transported by helicopter and not suffocating, then these animals cannot be moved to a different lagoon until they die.

New feeder: Krill feeder- for the Leedsichthys which was a filter feeder. It releases clouds of plankton/ krill.

Megalodon: Largest shark to ever live. It eats from the fish feeder and will attack small aquatic animals. When it bites it shows off its’ many rows of teeth.

Dunkleosteus: Smallest in this DLC, but it packs a bigger attitude. It’s a armored prehistoric fish that bites and rams other animals with its hardened head. It can be killed by large and medium aquatic animals but is aggressive to everything in its’ tank- even a mosasaur. It eats from the fish feeder. If able to add in extra features to lagoons- this critter could attack viewing platforms and bust the glass if it doesn’t have its prey requirement met.

Leedsichhthys- Largest fish like animal to ever live. It feeds from krill instead of the fish feeder. It does need a large lagoon- but it is a very peaceful animal. It can live with small aquatic animals with ease and won’t attack medium and large aquatics unless provoked first. Great animal to safely cohabitate with small marine aquatics.

Thanks for reading!
-Cretoxyrhina
-Squalicorax
-Xiphactinus
-Onchopristis

I think the game will be, and should be, confined to Mesozoic reptiles only. An exception to this would be if Dimetrodon appears in Dominion and gets included in a Dominion DLC.

Megalodon should not be in the game. If you’re going to have a Cenozoic shark in the game, then why not Cenozoic mammals?

Confining the roster to Mesozoic reptiles fits the spirit of the movies and still offers almost limitless potential. The current game, although it has the biggest roster of any dinosaur game, is still only scratching the surface of the dinosaurs, pterosaurs, and marine reptiles that could be included.

Helicoprion
Rhizodus
Hyneria
Dunkleosteus
Xiphactinus
Leedsichthys
Onchopristis

Those are the fish monsters I really, REALLY love to death and wanna see.

Megalodon is overused as F. Really don't care for just a giant shark.

Your user name, Amikuq, sounds a bit like one of my favorite Inuit mythology monsters called A-Mi-Kuk, is it based on that creature?

Your user name, Amikuq, sounds a bit like one of my favorite Inuit mythology monsters called A-Mi-Kuk, is it based on that creature?
It's supposed to be the Alutiiq word for octopus :) That's cool it's similar to A-Mi-Kuk. And thank you for adding more monster fish!

I really don't see them adding non-mesozoic aquatic animals any time soon... why add a random fish when something more obvious like a Cenozoic mammal would be... well... obvious. I also don't see them adding a whole new feeder type for one animal... especially when filter feeders can eat schooling fish as well... like the ones already in the game.

Some kind of mesozoic Nautiluses might make for a decent compy equivalent: small, cohabitates with everyone, tasty, but goes a long way to make the scene feel more complete.
I think you mean Ammonites, and yeah, some of those could be fun. They weren't just small though; the largest ammonite Parapuzosia had a shell about 8 feet across.

Last edited:
I really don't see them adding non-mesozoic aquatic animals any time soon... why add a random fish when something more obvious like a Cenozoic mammal would be... well... obvious. I also don't see them adding a whole new feeder type for one animal... especially when filter feeders can eat schooling fish as well... like the ones already in the game.

I think you mean Ammonites, and yeah, some of those could be fun. They weren't just small though; the largest ammonite Parapuzosia had a shell about 8 feet across.
(prentending to sound stupid) Yea. Yea. Them amalikites or whatever.

Some kind of mesozoic Nautiluses might make for a decent compy equivalent: small, cohabitates with everyone, tasty, but goes a long way to make the scene feel more complete.
You know, I personally see them as being mere food sources, at least the smaller ones, like what I suggested in this thread I made earlier last year:

The one thing I do want to point out is, while I do like the idea of having large prehistoric fish in your lagoons, especially Dunkleosteus or even Xiphactinus as those are personal favorites, I do believe there is a problem that I want to bring up. Not a in-game mechanic problem, but a believability problem.

All marine animals in JWE2 are reptiles, just like all other dinosaurs in-game (dinosaur and non-dinosaur). I still haven't played the game yet, but here's what I've learned of as of now. When any dino is injured, including marine reptiles, they must be taken to a medical facility, on the land. The problem I see is, if a fish does get injured and must be treated, would it feel "weird" to see them get treated on a dry land only facility, since one would believe they need water to survive at all costs?

If Frontier does end up deciding on and adding fish like these, maybe they might find ways to counteract that problem like some others before in the first game?

Dino era Giant Squid and Octopus, Archeon, Thalattosuchians (similar to Lios but with webbed hands rather than full fins).
Edit: Lagoon decos, lagoon plants, a PMF that connects to Lagoons to render care for non reptile sea creatures.

Last edited:
I think the game will be, and should be, confined to Mesozoic reptiles only. An exception to this would be if Dimetrodon appears in Dominion and gets included in a Dominion DLC.

Megalodon should not be in the game. If you’re going to have a Cenozoic shark in the game, then why not Cenozoic mammals?

Confining the roster to Mesozoic reptiles fits the spirit of the movies and still offers almost limitless potential. The current game, although it has the biggest roster of any dinosaur game, is still only scratching the surface of the dinosaurs, pterosaurs, and marine reptiles that could be included.
I fully agree with this constraint. I don't see any other fish being added to the lagoons.

Because there's all the effort being put to stress that the lagoons specifically have marine reptiles. Why abandon that careful wording if the devs wanted to add fish anyways?

Also, we now think most marine reptiles gave live birth anyways, so that tidbit is just all wrong now.

You've listed every prehistoric fish I was thinking of when I first read the title - let's hope something like this comes about!

Top Bottom