Biomes

My one big gripe with JWE. I know it wouldn't be possible there as the five deaths are canon, but it gets samey after a while.

For a Zoo game, we need proper biome tools.
We need an arctic, jungle, savannah, maybe even desert for scorpions. :LOL:
We need to be able to make every animal really feel home!

To expand on that - it would, of course, be better if biomes weren't just visual but the correct one (and well-made one at that) actually had an effect on the animal's happiness.
It would be great if animal AI would be able to "judge" our work and act accordingly. :)

While I am glad biomes will be ingame and will impact the animals on more than just an aesthetic level, I hope they are integrated realistically. Always found it very jarring in Zoo Tycoon (1 and 2) + Wildlife Park how radically different the different biomes looked on the ground and how easily tropical grasses grew in your zoo based in snowy regions. I suspect this has already been considered, though.

While I am glad biomes will be ingame and will impact the animals on more than just an aesthetic level, I hope they are integrated realistically. Always found it very jarring in Zoo Tycoon (1 and 2) + Wildlife Park how radically different the different biomes looked on the ground and how easily tropical grasses grew in your zoo based in snowy regions. I suspect this has already been considered, though.
Yes, I agree. I don't want to be forced to put my lions, giraffes, zebras etc. in some yellow savanna enclosure if my zoo has nice lush green grass everywhere else.

Yes, I agree. I don't want to be forced to put my lions, giraffes, zebras etc. in some yellow savanna enclosure if my zoo has nice lush green grass everywhere else.
Yes. Possibly. But I would at least like to be able to paint the rocks white in a penguin enclosure. :LOL:
Naturally I don't want one enclosure to be a hot desert for fennecs and the neighbouring one with permanent snow fall for arctic foxes. But it would be great to be able to build an enclosure that resembles the respective animal's natural habitat.

Top Bottom