BLAM BLAM BLAM Said the Chieftain. The Thargoid said "Arrrgh"

Tell you what, I've been using 2xC2 and 2xC1 gauss cannons on my shieldless Chieftain and it was OK. I'm not a great shot so taking down a Cyclops was do-able but takes a while.

I spent a few days this week unlocking four Guardian modified shard cannons with the intention of using them on my Anaconda for some giggles and insta-gibbing. After I unlocked them I realised my Anaconda uses four C3, not C2, so I had four spare pre-engineered shard cannons. What to do?

I took the four gauss from my Chieftain and put two shards on it instead. I thought it might have a little less firepower but it's a test and what can go wrong?

Dear god, the firepower! I annihilated the first Thargoid with 85% hull left. I didn't have my thermal vent beam or my flak cannon, so that's good for me. Those shard cannons rip through Cyclops like a cannon through butter. Easy to aim too.

So I'll be in Asterope all week cleaning up the galaxy if anyone fancies some pews.

This game has still got loads more fun yet to squeeze out of it.

Nice to see someone else on this forum who's still loving the game-)

I've not really been into the Thargoids but I am almost finished engineering PAs on my FDL ...going to put a c4 long range pa on it with x4 efficient pa and have some fun-).

I adjusted my build - I got rid of the flak cannons because I don't distance myself from the Thargoids between attacks anymore, I just stay below 20% heat. I tried two thermal vent beams and I can continuously fire with two pips to WEP but I don't think it makes that much difference to my overall heat.
Also I dropped the Xeno scanner so I can use 12 heatsinks (4x3). The Xeno scanner isn't that useful to be honest.
I finished a fight on 91% this morning, shieldless, so that's good.

Plus all of this Thargoid warfare is really helping with my FA off. It's fun.

Don't mock the Arrrgh - it took a team of 100 sound engineers two years to make that one sound effect! Or at least so I've been told. 😜

Top Bottom