Blue Nebula?

I am attaching a pic to see if anybody knows about this, that appears to be a blue nebula. And it is fixed. Not a windscreen shine.
Blue Nebula.jpg

Picture not clear, can't see anything, but if it's what I think it is (it usually is) it's an extragalactic object, a different galaxy in other words.

Looks like a planet to me.
Strange that the FSS doesn't seem to have auto-scanned it at this close range.

Looks like a planet to me.
Strange that the FSS doesn't seem to have auto-scanned it at this close range.

Oh you mean it's not anything barely visible at the end of the arrow? Sorry I usually look at the pointed bit of the end of the arrow arrow to see what it's pointed at.

Have you tried flying towards it? Maybe it's a Lagrange Cloud. Not knowing what system you are in makes it difficult to guess what it might be. Yes it could be a dark planet, but then it should show in the radar and on the FSS.

Having looked at it in a drawing program I agree it very much looks like a dark blue uniluminated gas giant. It should show on the ships rader and the fss if you have scanned the system.

If you are not talking about the dimly lit Gas Planet, then the only thing I can discern is the background space dust clouds?

I realize I made a mistake when I included the next jump system in the picture.
Sorry about that. It can't be scanned, but I turned back and forth to see if it was a reflection, but it stayed in the same spot no matter which way I faced.
Maybe it was a game glitch because it doesn't look random like a nebula should.
Thanks for your replies.
It is a pretty color though.

I realize I made a mistake when I included the next jump system in the picture.
Sorry about that. It can't be scanned, but I turned back and forth to see if it was a reflection, but it stayed in the same spot no matter which way I faced.
Maybe it was a game glitch because it doesn't look random like a nebula should.
Thanks for your replies.
It is a pretty color though.

How did you try and scan it? If you are to close you can't FSS it, and if you haven't FSS's it then you can't DSS it.

I think CMDR varonica is correct. You may want to adjust your monitor settings, CMDR Reacher.

CMDR Eahlstan determined systems at the indicated distance. No issues mapping G 41-14 AB 1:
20201120192437_1.jpg

Well the servers had serious problems today, I had to rescan two systems. Maybe he tried to scan it at those times and if you're not used to server related scanning issues you might not realize what the issue is.

I have to accept that this is a lost cause.
I explore so have the appropriate scanners.
Thanks for the effort you have all put into this.
Much appreciated.

I found the system! \o/
G 41-14 Leaving Ramon Hub.

edit: maybe I should go back and re-check. Also, I had no trouble scanning systems. It was scanned on 16 November.

Last edited:
Top Bottom