Hey there Frontier, been a while!

I've been quite happy with how the game is progressing, you guys seem to have hit almost every issue that was plaguing the game at launch, that is feasible to fix within this game. I understand that many of the problems inherent in this game are far too hard to fix within it's confines and will most likely be addressed in the sequel, like guests being actual entities with needs, herbies not needing feeders etc. however there is one thing that seems to bug me now that most other things have been taken care of. I'm the sort of person, and i doubt im the only one, who likes to plan things out to create a nice park, which takes time and precision, but without a blueprint mode, this can cost you a decent amount of money, which especially on higher difficulties can be crippling. I often need to position buildings in relation to each other, but sometimes i dont actually want some of these buildings built just yet, and as it stands, im forced to build them just to get my placement of the others right.

This could all be fixed with the simple and elegant solution of adding a dedicated Blueprint Mode, in which all you place down is a Blueprint of the building/fence/what have you, and that remains where it is. This would cost no money, but should still alter terrain. You can then click on that blueprint building and select "Construct" at any time you want, from a menu akin to the menus buildings have now, and then the money would be taken from your cache. A decent demonstration can be seen here, with Anno 1800's blueprint mode!

I don't know if this is feasible with the structure of the current game, but if not, please consider it for a potential sequel, it would be a fantastic quality of life update!

I would love this feature too - I actually came to the forum to see if it was in the works for a future expansion/dlc. Placing buildings etc is fairly unforgiving in the game, and if you want to make a park look nice as well as making the most of the space you have available, a blue print mode would be very helpful.

For that matter, better landscaping tools as well. I'm sure I've not found the best way to use the ones we have, but I'd love more nuanced landscaping, again, to make the most of the space available, and to make the parks look better. I fear for my visitor's ankles on some of the paths I end up with.

I would love this feature too - I actually came to the forum to see if it was in the works for a future expansion/dlc. Placing buildings etc is fairly unforgiving in the game, and if you want to make a park look nice as well as making the most of the space you have available, a blue print mode would be very helpful.

For that matter, better landscaping tools as well. I'm sure I've not found the best way to use the ones we have, but I'd love more nuanced landscaping, again, to make the most of the space available, and to make the parks look better. I fear for my visitor's ankles on some of the paths I end up with.

Thanks for the support, Magenpie! Glad to see someone agrees with this, instead of just begging for even more dinosaurs that there is no space to display anymore.

I'm 100% with this idea too!

Building is currently the most annoying feature in game. All the placing limitations, from camera view and terrain constraints, to not being able to correctly toggle certain buildings for alignment to paths or just 'mirror' them are, to me, the worst part of gameplay nowadays.

Thanks for all the support on this, fellas!

I'm 100% with this idea too!

Building is currently the most annoying feature in game. All the placing limitations, from camera view and terrain constraints, to not being able to correctly toggle certain buildings for alignment to paths or just 'mirror' them are, to me, the worst part of gameplay nowadays.

I feel you exactly! This coupled with the lack of space on the islands makes me think "Oh but im going to have to go through all this hassle, and its always such a pain, and i never have the space to build what i really want either" before i boot up the game. The combination has genuinely put me off of playing nearly entirely. It really needs work. That and just the ability to place your own entrance buildings like in JPOG (Ive seen the Claire sanctuary DLC make a step towards that but you couldnt place them yourself) would increase replayability so much.

That and just the ability to place your own entrance buildings like in JPOG (Ive seen the Claire sanctuary DLC make a step towards that but you couldnt place them yourself) would increase replayability so much.

That's also something that annoys me but, seriously, trying to place buildings tetris-like without the ability to correctly toggle them, mirror them or at least correctly aligning all of them to paths is by far the greatest pain that keeps me from playing again right now.

And, yeah, I can't even be excited about new species either because that means a) starting a new map and/or b) build something lol

If this blue-print mode is implemented at some point, that would be a huge improvement. At least it would remove the constant frustration of having to demolish everything to start anew every few minutes...

That's also something that annoys me but, seriously, trying to place buildings tetris-like without the ability to correctly toggle them, mirror them or at least correctly aligning all of them to paths is by far the greatest pain that keeps me from playing again right now.

And, yeah, I can't even be excited about new species either because that means a) starting a new map and/or b) build something lol

If this blue-print mode is implemented at some point, that would be a huge improvement. At least it would remove the constant frustration of having to demolish everything to start anew every few minutes...

Couldnt agree more.

Top Bottom