Notice Bonus Federation Rank! (5 - 16 December)

Logged into my dormant second account which had a D rated krait II. Had been 85 weeks since I last used this account seriously.
Took the Krait II mining, with only 6 million to fund the operation and ended up with 2 million after kitting for mining. Barely enough to pay for insurance. Returned with painite which I sold for 96 million. Fully A-rated the Krait II then headed for sothis. Next morning I bought a corvette having sold the Krait. The vette was E/D rated and took it mining and almost got destroyed by two NPC in chieftains. Returned after licking my wounds to mine 200 tonnes of painite. Mined a further 314 tonnes and fully A-rated a drop ship, assault ship, a gunship and the corvette.

Only need two more mining missions to get my trade elite. Estimated time to get trade elite and fully kit all four fed ships is around 3 days and that's not even pushing it.
Why discuss this at all?
I don't actually know why to be honest. I mean I can hardly boast about any achievements that take absolutely no effort at all now can I?
I do have one thing to say: I did not enjoy doing the easy grind. I felt frontier should have just given everyone Admiral rank and free fed ships, all fully A rated, rather than let us suffer the boredom and annoyance and indignity of being forced to lift a finger to the joystick at all.
I mean, if they're going to make it this easy, why bother with letting us have to go through the motions?

note to frontier staff: I expect a free carrier gift voucher in my Christmas sock to compensate me for all my recent humiliatingly easy grind.

Last edited:
I headed over to Sol after I had collected my decal from Upanikilis and the five stations and outpost that I have used there are brimming with Federation missions and the boards in Tau Ceti and Epsilon Indi that were some of my destinations had a good supply as well.
The navy missions appeared either straight away or occasionally after logging in for my next session and have all been fairly innocuous local missions within about 20 lights from Sol.

Sounds like random isn’t your friend at the moment.
Sad but true. As a matter of fact when I got to Upkiss I didn't even get a decal!! I mean NOTHING (even refueling) worked!!! I guess I'll just head back to Shinrerta (home for now) and continue to try. Thanks for the input I'll give those systems a try as well. Sunny side up dude! Hay you want my "lucky" two sided TAIL coin? hahahaha

Sad but true. As a matter of fact when I got to Upkiss I didn't even get a decal!! I mean NOTHING (even refueling) worked!!! I guess I'll just head back to Shinrerta (home for now) and continue to try. Thanks for the input I'll give those systems a try as well. Sunny side up dude! Hay you want my "lucky" two sided TAIL coin? hahahaha
Did you check decals in Livery? Just landing at the correct station adds it there.

Last edited:
Stop trying to slow the rest of us down, not everybody has run out of rank to achieve.
That's not at all what I suggested.

I'm saying they need to keep this reward AND offer something that people capped out can enjoy.

It's a both thing, not an either/or thing.

I headed over to Sol after I had collected my decal from Upanikilis and the five stations and outpost that I have used there are brimming with Federation missions and the boards in Tau Ceti and Epsilon Indi that were some of my destinations had a good supply as well.
The navy missions appeared either straight away or occasionally after logging in for my next session and have all been fairly innocuous local missions within about 20 lights from Sol.

Sounds like random isn’t your friend at the moment.
I went there (both systems) and a few surrounding ones and NADA! This is beginning to knock "random" out of the picture as I am Allied and a Post Captain so what gives? Questioning minds want to know.

I went there (both systems) and a few surrounding ones and NADA! This is beginning to knock "random" out of the picture as I am Allied and a Post Captain so what gives? Questioning minds want to know.
Hang on, is it possible you are wanted or have unpaid fines? Because what you're describing sounds more like being in "Anonymous Access" mode.

Hang on, is it possible you are wanted or have unpaid fines? Because what you're describing sounds more like being in "Anonymous Access" mode.
I checked that and no I don't and I just went to SIX other stations and ZIPPO. I mean I get "welcome CDR" then missions but NO Navy ones but that's it. I considered asking TECHNICALLY support but so far they have been less than helpful (or knowledgeable). I'll keep trying. thanks for the idea though.

There are no missions available at Upanaklis. Don't try there. You say you get missions at other surrounding ones but no Navy ones. Are you at 100% Post Captain? If not, you need to do regular Fed missions until you hit 100% and then they will offer Navy missions.

There are no missions available at Upanaklis. Don't try there. You say you get missions at other surrounding ones but no Navy ones. Are you at 100% Post Captain? If not, you need to do regular Fed missions until you hit 100% and then they will offer Navy missions.
Now THAT makes sense, thanks Mitch! I saw that I was Post Captain (whatever that is) with 87%. I was running on the idea that you had to just zoom around until you found a Navy mission. Man they never mentioned this in Flight School! have a great one my man.

Now THAT makes sense, thanks Mitch! I saw that I was Post Captain (whatever that is) with 87%. I was running on the idea that you had to just zoom around until you found a Navy mission. Man they never mentioned this in Flight School! have a great one my man.
No! Ranking missions only appear when you are 100% through that rank, while waiting for the naval mission you will be working your way through the next rank if you keep doing missions. Back before they fixed the problem ranking missions would appear so infrequently that people would do one and find that they were already 100% of the new rank.

Today I will make Rear Admiral, I just know it! It's taken me 2.5 years to get here, and I've never owned or flown a Corvette before, so thank you Frontier for this opportunity.

Today I will make Rear Admiral, I just know it! It's taken me 2.5 years to get here, and I've never owned or flown a Corvette before, so thank you Frontier for this opportunity.
Damn only being a Post Captain @ 45% I guess I might as well give up any "double bonus" rank before the 12/16. Want to thank y'all for educating me on a VITAL piece of information that FDev and "technically support" didn't mention (among others). I have never been any good at OSMOSIS of TRIBAL KNOWLEDGE. Thanks again (I will be amending my game play) for the help and stay green side up.

Damn only being a Post Captain @ 45% I guess I might as well give up any "double bonus" rank before the 12/16. Want to thank y'all for educating me on a VITAL piece of information that FDev and "technically support" didn't mention (among others). I have never been any good at OSMOSIS of TRIBAL KNOWLEDGE. Thanks again (I will be amending my game play) for the help and stay green side up.
I think you misunderstood me - I haven't been actively TRYING to rank up for the last 2.5 years, I only started grinding rank last week, and on a new account I started in September because I switched from PS4 to PC. My thanks to Frontier for the rank buff and cheaper Corvette is genuine, not sarcasm.

How do I get there? Every time I try and plot a route, I get a "ROUTE PLOTTING FAILED" message. Every time. Yes, I have "fastest routes" selected. Am I so far out in the sticks that I can't GET anywhere?!
---
Derp. Problem resolved. Unsure what caused it. Unsure what fixed it. A stray mystery.

Last edited:
Hi Will,
Do you need to be in Open Play ? Are there any benefits to Open Play? I find that the landing pads are busier in Open Play and I end up waiting a bit to get permission to land... ?
Thanks in advance for your help,
Vern

Hi Will,
Do you need to be in Open Play ? Are there any benefits to Open Play? I find that the landing pads are busier in Open Play and I end up waiting a bit to get permission to land... ?
Thanks in advance for your help,
Nah, you can do it in Solo or PG. Done all that in the past few days.

Logged into my dormant second account which had a D rated krait II. Had been 85 weeks since I last used this account seriously.
Took the Krait II mining, with only 6 million to fund the operation and ended up with 2 million after kitting for mining. Barely enough to pay for insurance. Returned with painite which I sold for 96 million. Fully A-rated the Krait II then headed for sothis. Next morning I bought a corvette having sold the Krait. The vette was E/D rated and took it mining and almost got destroyed by two NPC in chieftains. Returned after licking my wounds to mine 200 tonnes of painite. Mined a further 314 tonnes and fully A-rated a drop ship, assault ship, a gunship and the corvette.

Only need two more mining missions to get my trade elite. Estimated time to get trade elite and fully kit all four fed ships is around 3 days and that's not even pushing it.
Why discuss this at all?
I don't actually know why to be honest. I mean I can hardly boast about any achievements that take absolutely no effort at all now can I?
I do have one thing to say: I did not enjoy doing the easy grind. I felt frontier should have just given everyone Admiral rank and free fed ships, all fully A rated, rather than let us suffer the boredom and annoyance and indignity of being forced to lift a finger to the joystick at all.
I mean, if they're going to make it this easy, why bother with letting us have to go through the motions?

note to frontier staff: I expect a free carrier gift voucher in my Christmas sock to compensate me for all my recent humiliatingly easy grind.
I totally agree with you. Back in our days, it took 5-8 week to me to get my first Python, whitch was destroyed by a conda and because I don't had enough coin for the insurance, I nearly give up the game. Now I get enough money for a Python in one mining tour.

Top Bottom