Bring back the original TMTK

For the content creators who just don't want to use Blender, animations aren't doable since Dec. 14th 2018

I suggest reintroducing the pre Dec14 build as an alternative so professional 3D artists like myself can actually contribute again.
If anyone ever wondered why i don't upload animated assets, it's cause the TMTK was screwed up for the benefit of Blender users.

cheers, ArtificialArtist

Pardon my ignorance on this topic, but do animations created with other software not work in TMTK at all, or are they "just" messed up? How is Blender's animation system different from that of other software? I always imagined that it shouldn't really matter as Blender can import (most) of the animations you see e.g. on Sketchfab.

I'm asking because I already created an addon for fixing Blender-created animations, so if it's just an issue of conversion I may be able to extend it could be used for re-exporting items created with other software as well.

(I mean this would all be a workaround compared to your proposed solution of re-enabling the old TMTK version, but I do not really see that happening)

Pardon my ignorance on this topic, but do animations created with other software not work in TMTK at all, or are they "just" messed up? How is Blender's animation system different from that of other software? I always imagined that it shouldn't really matter as Blender can import (most) of the animations you see e.g. on Sketchfab.

I'm asking because I already created an addon for fixing Blender-created animations, so if it's just an issue of conversion I may be able to extend it could be used for re-exporting items created with other software as well.

(I mean this would all be a workaround compared to your proposed solution of re-enabling the old TMTK version, but I do not really see that happening)
It's all messed up, really. Last time i looked into it was 2019, though. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/artix-was-right-3d-max-animation-is-broken.505687/ (post #10)
Maybe you can make some sense of it. As far as i remember it gave me the same results in different iterations of 3DsMax (2020, 2019, etc.)

Top Bottom