Bring some MMO into JWE?

Instead of just a single player simulation, why not bring in some MMO mechanics?

Like trading dino's? Why? so that you can get new genomes to make new dyno's?
Visit others parks?

thoughts?

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Personally..... no. :)

I would prefer a single-player focused experience.

Single player seems to be a better fit for a 'build your own Jurassic Park" kind of experience. Such games are management sims at their core, and that just isn't compatible with a typical MMO format.

Not MMOs

I hope they give you the capability to share your creations like on Planet Coaster but build their own system not reliant on steam. That should be dinosaurs.

I'm actually writing a post on how they should design the dino creation.

I wouldn't like to see MMO functionality (because that presents itself as an opportunity to then go down the "P2W"/microtransactions route), but I would like to see some kind of co-op multiplayer; you just don't see many of those these days!

I think the OP's suggestion isnt about MMO, so lets put that term aside. Having an option to 'trade dinosaurs' seems like fun to me, so I dont see a reason why not.

MMO Possible!

It is very possible and I got a great idea to make it work but i am not sure if Frontier will run another 2nd MMO from Elite? So if they are interested to make it work so there is no trolling and its heavy role play then I will send them the idea! They will love it and you all will love it too! All the Park management and sim fans! Fans don't need to fear about all the problems you see in current MMO like Ark survival or GTA or any other MMO you know! This idea is amazing! :) I hope they are interested to know! And since Frontier is doing the Jurrassic park why let it die out after the movie dies? keep the dream going keep of loving the Dino in Jurrassic Park! Not because of its terror, you already get lots of that but other things just not seen in other games. :)

They are so many zombie games even multiplayer so those fans have those things already so why should Jurrassic park fans get left out and only experience a single player game? If the game goes well and they allow early access and don't rush the game it will be a hit if done properly and they ask us what we are all wanting to see.

Finally the developer of Anno has done something on a smaller scale cause the previous ones did not go very well! So I hope they talk to us and not release it because the move is coming out!

Agreed

Personally..... no. :)

I would prefer a single-player focused experience.

Single player seems to be a better fit for a 'build your own Jurassic Park" kind of experience. Such games are management sims at their core, and that just isn't compatible with a typical MMO format.

Agreed, Single Player is a better fit. Perhaps if you wants social interaction in the community maybe there could be a workshop much like Planet Coaster. :)

Some ideas are cool. Like being able to visit another players park. Being able to trade Dinos though would kind of kill the challenge of having to create your own. This was part of JPOG and this game seems to borrow heavily from that game. But yeah it should be a single player experience. I hope they will allow people to download other peoples custom creations like shops in things like they do with Planet Coaster on Steam with the Steam Workshop. So there will be some experience with other players there.

But I don't see any kind of competitive multiplayer coming with this game.

JessicaSonnet

Volunteer Moderator
Instead of just a single player simulation, why not bring in some MMO mechanics?

Like trading dino's? Why? so that you can get new genomes to make new dyno's?
Visit others parks?

thoughts?

I quite like the idea of visting other parks....however if it were done, i think this should be done in a workshop the same way planet coaster does it. I personally dont think MMO would work, some games are just perfect for single player and I think this will be one of them. Who knows though, it isn't out yet.

Top Bottom