Broken vending machines, power generators, etc.

For some reason I experience vending machines, power generators and water purifiers breaking all the time in one of my zoos (outback desert map). It's happens rarely that there's no notification about anything broken and most of the time things go to waste faster than I can send mechanics to fix them, resulting in a wall of notification spam.

Anyone else with this issue or does someone have suggestions how to fix this?

You may have already tried this, but have you tried increasing how often your mechanics go to check these by using the staff tab in the individual utility item's information panel.

I've found that my mechanics won't go check these items on their own unless I've set them to be checked more frequently in that specific panel. (I usually pick the "every 3 months" option.). Even if I hire more mechanics, train them up and put them in work zones, they'll walk endlessly around the zoo ignoring these items if I haven't also set them using that panel.

Thanks alot, I will try this out. Strange though, cause it's that one specific zoo only having this problem. Or the outback mechanics are just lazy because of the heat, who knows...

Check when the last time was a mechanic visited the facility. I have a suspicion there is a bug that makes them just not bother visiting stuff. I keep having the same issue and my mechanic doesn't visit his assigned habitats for two years despite it being set to 9 months, and this is the beginning of the zoo so there's literally only one habitat, electricity and two vending machines for him to take care of.

Well, my mechanic visit quite often. So I hired more. Now my machines are still broken and I pay bored mechanics. These issues occured with the latest patch.

Well, my mechanic visit quite often. So I hired more. Now my machines are still broken and I pay bored mechanics. These issues occured with the latest patch.
It may be a bug with that particular save - it happened to me with one career scenario zoo once and I had to restart. You could also try deleting all of them and replacing - sometimes the navigation gets messed up. If you manually call a mechanic to fix a broken one do they react or not? Also what game mode are you playing in?

You can make a Path that isn't connected to the Rest of the Park and put your Energy and Filtration Machines there. Don't forget to also add a Staff Room there. You can also make a Workzone on a Roof that Way. It should work really good. At least as long as you don't make this Area too big. Then just hire other Mechanics that walk around on the normal Path that is connected to everything else. For the normal Path you can also tell them to only fix Stuff like Vending Machines and then you can hire additional ones that also repair Fences

Top Bottom