General Bubbling up Notoriety + Global Bounties + Harry Potter.

I murdered a citizen and got a whole single point of notoriety (unbeknownst to me).
I tried to pay off my criminal acts, but I got denied as I had become notorious.

Well, I clapped my hands in excitement (as I'm a pretty square pilot....plus, I'm not good at combat, I can barely kill another commander in my fully spec'ed out krait Mk2, and all my kills in my Adder, are assists.

But where could I find how much notorious I was?
The obvious place, for me, would be the same The Legal Facilities UI that's telling me I can't pay off my criminal acts BECAUSE I have notoriety [INSERT THE INFORMING NOTOREITY HERE X of Y]
Instead, it was a rather defuse number 1, at the bottom of my Ranks page, in the internals panel.

How can I track down and kill the most Notorious Player?
My kid was hanging out at the time, and he asked who was the most notorious player.
Well, the station facilities give me "local" bounties, but since Notoriety is more global (pardon the better lack of expression) than a local fine, there was no way to answer my kid's query.
So I mentioned Harry Potter, as he's the only person I really knew.

After a quick google search, my offspring was reading out about the Notorious Elite Dangerous player Harry Potter and his PVP player griefing group.
I then mentioned I bumped into 'Arry, some time back, during Canonn's mega-ship jump attempt into the Thargoid bubble.
I must have friendly fired someone out there as on being eliminated by a Thargoid hydra (or whatever was being introduced back then), I wound up being respawned at the conveniently placed prison barge facilities, and as I undocked, there he was.
So star-struck and in my Adder, I asked for a duel, with aspirations of being able to evade and escape, or do land a surprise hit with my engineered weapon and I'd have a story to tell,
The reality was, I got vapourised in one shot during the first joust before I could hit boost.
So I now have the "you were killed by" screenshot as my desktop since last nights conversation and put it on my social media as bragging rights to my kid.
If only the in-game store had an "I was killed by T-shirt" for the commander to wear in shame ;)

Getting to the point
Seriously, If the empire/federation hated me, or if PVP'ers are on unsolicited player-kill rampaged without consent of Power-play.
Then why isn't the notoriety system NOT being used to flag up Bounty Ladened players in the Global bounty system?
I had dreams of becoming a Notorius Adder pilot and seeing how long I could survive with a notoriety of 10, trying to cross the bubble, but it would be no fun if there weren't other commanders trying to track me down.

You can still fly around the Galaxy with notoriety with difficulty.

Global Galaxy bounties could be artificially affected and thus easily abused.
It didn't go well in October 2014

You can still fly around the Galaxy with notoriety with difficulty.

Global Galaxy bounties could be artificially affected and thus easily abused.
It didn't go well in October 2014
Yeah, this is why that I like airing this stuff, as I don’t think game-breaking shenanigans.
But how/why would you mess with the notoriety?
What happened in October 2014? Was their some kind of grind-loop-exploit of two mates just killing each other and earn the cash and xp?

Top Bottom