Buff the Denton Patreus Rank 5 bonus.

Right now, it reduces the cost of Ammo by 90%. Which sounds good until you realize that...well, I've done quite a bit of combat. I'm almost Elite. And I've spent a total of 8.2 million credits on munitions.

That means that, had I been rank 5 for my ENTIRE time playing elite, I'd have saved about 7.5 million credits.

I'd like to propose an alternative:

Rank 5: Weapons Reloaded in Denton Patreus Territory gain +100% ammo capacity.(until next reload)

This turns a lame bonus into one that could actually be pretty cool!

This (along with a few other bonuses which are anything but) are things I thought about too.

My thoughts were at rank 5 all combat modules / shields are 50% cheaper (so its an upgrade to an earlier bonus) that makes him almost an Imperial LYR for warships and gear.

Having more ammo would be certainly interesting, but (and this could change) so far all bonuses in Powerplay are either BGS or credit discount based with the unique module providing the 'engineering lite' stuff. I did think something similar with all reloads are premium with R5, but again its an out of character bonus (Powers have bonuses that mirror each other generally).

This (along with a few other bonuses which are anything but) are things I thought about too.

My thoughts were at rank 5 all combat modules / shields are 50% cheaper (so its an upgrade to an earlier bonus) that makes him almost an Imperial LYR for warships and gear.

Having more ammo would be certainly interesting, but (and this could change) so far all bonuses in Powerplay are either BGS or credit discount based with the unique module providing the 'engineering lite' stuff. I did think something similar with all reloads are premium with R5, but again its an out of character bonus (Powers have bonuses that mirror each other generally).

I see your point, but I don't think an ammo capacity bonus is enough of a combat bonus to really be considered as such.

Ammo capacity only really take effect in the long-term, in how often you need to go back to a station to re-arm. In this way, the bonus would be more akin to the bonuses provided by Hudson or Duval, in that it mostly boosts combat income, rather than combat performance.

It's also the only way I could think of to keep the core theme of the current bonus(ammo) while still making it actually somewhat useful. The problem with reducing prices of modules is that it leaves you little reason to sustain the bonus, compared to other faction bonuses like trade dividends, influence gains, or increased exploration income.

I see your point, but I don't think an ammo capacity bonus is enough of a combat bonus to really be considered as such.

Ammo capacity only really take effect in the long-term, in how often you need to go back to a station to re-arm. In this way, the bonus would be more akin to the bonuses provided by Hudson or Duval, in that it mostly boosts combat income, rather than combat performance.

It's also the only way I could think of to keep the core theme of the current bonus(ammo) while still making it actually somewhat useful. The problem with reducing prices of modules is that it leaves you little reason to sustain the bonus, compared to other faction bonuses like trade dividends, influence gains, or increased exploration income.

This is true too- when I was giving it some thought my main thinking was like you and working out what you get back (while being true to Dentons arms manufacturer roots).

In some ways its what the unique module should be, in that you have to be 'part of the gang' to have that perk and when you walk away it stops working- which is perfect :D

Hopefully when FD look at Powerplay they'll allow these sorts of tweaks.

As part of the "make credits meaningful again" crowd, the simplest buff I could see to Denton's bonus is to simply increase the cost of rearming weapons up to a point where players actually notice a difference.

Increasing ammo reserves might seem minor, until you consider the potential effects it might have on missiles/torpedoes which are largely limited by their ammunition in normal engagement, not to mention the Thargoid hunting weaponry that is quite ammo limited against the larger Thargoids.

Top Bottom