Bug: Taupe/Gold Cobra

Since last night (10/13/20) I've been getting Taupe Cobra or Gold Cobra error codes, during most of my attempts to jump into/out of Hyperspace/supercruise. I have NOT made any changes to my network, and my connection to the game has been good until last night. Anybody know what's going on at fdev to cause this?

Third party connections after your router can kill the game...

So It can be the connection your ISP buys to feed you or it can be that your trying to jump in a system that has a server controlling it that has Thousands of instances thats ignoring your upload requests from the back bone provider your ISP pays to handle the connection. If they have a bad day the upload bandwidth is to high and data get dumped and you get booted...
This means it could be every body in EU who has a bad day (which forums should get flooded with PC and Xbox and PS4 posts) or every body in a single country on ADSL gets smegged over or just a small number of users who picked the wrong ISP in that town get booted today...

2 lines of text realy realy don't help..
Country
County/state/district
and Town...
Will.. location of connection point matters a lot.. If it only happens a single day after months of working fine..

What system were you in... and if its part of the current CGs happening then yep its likely FDEV server giving PS4 thelast spots and giving the bandwidth to PC players first...

Last edited:
and the rest

Country
County/state/district
and Town...

The amazon server your nearest to could just be over loaded and crapping out..

USA
Sacramento, CA

What does Amazon have to do with PSN or FDev?
Fdev pay AMAZON for the servers farms that are booting you out of game, If the amazon server farm that fdev pay amazon for sucks in the USA that you connect to but all the rest work perfectly fine in EU SA NZ AU.. then only the people who connect to that server in that specific state at the time you want to play will connect to that server... could get errors... every body else can have a fine game...
You can play Elite dangerous with nealy every thing broken on PSN because ITs not running on PSN servers they have they own independant server farms rented from Amazon Hosting...

Amazon provide some self testing sites that can show up extreme failures..
They don't show up LOAD on those servers or Packet drops...

Last edited:
After clicking the link several times, sometimes the connections work, other times they don't. and not just some of them, but ALL of them.

After clicking the link several times, sometimes the connections work, other times they don't. and not just some of them, but ALL of them.
Then you have routing issues out side the ISP... IPV4 version should never fail.. IPV6 is not supported by ISPs so is expected to fail

Last edited:
So, does this mean I need to wait for someone else to fix this or is there someone I can contact?
As its likely NOT fdev or ISP theres no body to contact...
Just like It just stopped working. It will one day just start working. when the network equipment thats nearly dead actualy dies fully and you get switched to a back up by default...
Wholesale internet back bone networking is a closed monopoly...
A part from MOVING the console to a ISP that does not use the same back bone routing you just can't play when there over loaded...
A VPN might work to by pass but those only work at router settings levels for console and many ISPs block Users adusting router firmware to add VPN...

And how long do I have to wait for someone to get off their lazy butt and fix this? It has been a week now and I'm still getting these error codes. The game is almost completely unplayable because of this, and its starting to frustrate me!!!!!

The back bone third party company is likely holding out untill it perminantly fails or the people that are leaving the state of CA due to the massive drop in quality of life after all the issues in CA, will allow auto load balance to allow normal services with out spending any money...

Not planning to leave CA then... like many others have... the load on servers is not going to get any better as many others work out if there going to leave places like san fan.. or move completely out of state..

As a follow up to this thread I was encountering the same issues and they began to occur about around the same time on Xbox. So I VPN'd my Xbox's Internet connection to Sweden and was able to play with no issues (other than some random lag here and there). So I am taking that as proof of GraphiteGB's theory

As a follow up to this thread I was encountering the same issues and they began to occur about around the same time on Xbox. So I VPN'd my Xbox's Internet connection to Sweden and was able to play with no issues (other than some random lag here and there). So I am taking that as proof of GraphiteGB's theory
The UK users have had to deal with this before its not specific to Elite or any game or new...
VM in UK purchased a back access that for months would Cripple and break Patch downloads resulting in No updates to PSN titles working... It was ONLY fixed when an employee that worked for VM that happened to be a gamer noticed the issue and pushed for the back bone to be replaced but that can't happen were the back bone is a monopoly and controlls 100% of the access for the users...
VM announced that the "new" back bone pipe would be used instead of the faulty one.. Aka the cheap third party one was faulty and they had to pay for new connection pipe at greater cost before the other service failed... but thats only possible when there are rivals...

Many locations do not have rival back bone wholesale internet providers there is just one...
I Know im also smegged as theres only a single whole sale networking provider to my location as they were the only ones who even cared to install the equipment to the apartment block... If they smeg up services will not work for me but thats the risks consumers take...

Last edited:
Top Bottom