Building help

Spent the better part of 2 hours trying to figure out how to make something like this, but can't figure it out lol... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Really just the base I can't figure out. :)

View attachment 150066

What exactly is your problem: building a building (lol) like this or connecting it to the entrance?

With some experience it doesnt seem to be this complicated to build this (depends on your experience and skills in building you already learnes/reached). Its kinda tricky that the building is getting smaller from the ground to the top.
Here are also some threads with explanations how to learn building in this game.

But im honest i havent figured/tried out yet how to connect my own buildings to the park entrance. Thats something i also need to try out. The entrance normally isnt one of the first things im building in a (new) zoo.

mmh if I understood correctly you want to create the platforms?

this is my rough 'quick and dirty' draft, it's far away from being finished... I did this in 5 minutes, but I think I'd need 1-2hours until it's in my eyes nearly "ready" ;)

Used "Indian, Architecture, Panel 02" + "Indian, Architecture, Archway Relief" + "Painted Bricks, Base, Ledges" (probably not the ingame names, I gave my best translating this ^^) and at the corner I've chosen the wooden post because I ran into an shape issue spontaneously...

hope this helps

cheers

paem

Last edited:
mmh if I understood correctly you want to create the platforms?

View attachment 150145

this is my rough 'quick and dirty' draft, it's far away from being finished... I did this in 5 minutes, but I think I'd need 1-2hours until it's in my eyes nearly "ready" ;)

Used "Indian, Architecture, Panel 02" + "Indian, Architecture, Archway Relief" + "Painted Bricks, Base, Ledges" (probably not the ingame names, I gave my best translating this ^^) and at the corner I've chosen the wooden post because I ran into an shape issue spontaneously...

View attachment 150146

hope this helps

cheers

paem
HAHA that's great! Yeah I dunno why it was taking me so long to figure it out, still trying to learn where everything is, and not too sure exactly what everything is called. Appreciate the help!

What exactly is your problem: building a building (lol) like this or connecting it to the entrance?

With some experience it doesnt seem to be this complicated to build this (depends on your experience and skills in building you already learnes/reached). Its kinda tricky that the building is getting smaller from the ground to the top.
Here are also some threads with explanations how to learn building in this game.

But im honest i havent figured/tried out yet how to connect my own buildings to the park entrance. Thats something i also need to try out. The entrance normally isnt one of the first things im building in a (new) zoo.

It was def the building part of it >.< Think I was getting overwhelmed a bit I dunno... new day new attempt :)

Apparently in franchise mode you don't have all the pieces at the start I guess? In sandbox mode now and giving it a shot.

Spent the better part of 2 hours trying to figure out how to make something like this, but can't figure it out lol... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Really just the base I can't figure out. :)

View attachment 150066
Hey Wattstrom I'm not sure, but because of your name you could be german like me! 😄Rudi Rennkamel has building tutorials on his channel - in english - but maybe this helps you already for further questions. I think we can private mail here too, didn't try yet, but send me a mail when you need more help buddy! 🙂 I think it's the "Y" button on our Quertz keyboard to move things up and down which you probably need here.

EDIT: To move things up and down (building pieces and pathways), you do this with SHIFT (Quertz keyboards). Bo posted other shortcuts which are probably more useful to more people: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/helpful-key-bindings.528654/#post-8131623

Last edited:
Maybe this Thread is also a recommendation for you :)

Its really learning by doing. You just have to keep trying on and dont be mad when your first buildings wont be as nice as all the buildings you can see on youtube or so. Most of the people there have also played Planet Coaster and so they are very familiar with the buildingsystem. Just keep trying.

I recommend you at first to edit some of the blueprint buildings in the game (or buildings from steam workshop). By editing you can learn the buildingsystem at a finished building. Learning by doing.

Hey Wattstrom I'm not sure, but because of your name you could be german like me! 😄Rudi Rennkamel has building tutorials on his channel - in english - but maybe this helps you already for further questions. I think we can private mail here too, didn't try yet, but send me a mail when you need more help buddy! 🙂 I think it's the "Y" button on our Quertz keyboard to move things up and down which you probably need here.

Hey thanks for the info I'll definitely check out Rudi's channel! As far as my name, I was playing WoW with a friend quite a few years back and wanted a new name, and he came up with it, and it just stuck :LOL: :LOL: I'll def hit you up though. Thanks!

Maybe this Thread is also a recommendation for you:)

Its really learning by doing. You just have to keep trying on and dont be mad when your first buildings wont be as nice as all the buildings you can see on youtube or so. Most of the people there have also played Planet Coaster and so they are very familiar with the buildingsystem. Just keep trying.

I recommend you at first to edit some of the blueprint buildings in the game (or buildings from steam workshop). By editing you can learn the buildingsystem at a finished building. Learning by doing.
Hey thanks for the encouragement! I was getting kind of frustrated, but I'll get there. I have played Planet Coaster, but ran into the same problems and just gave up. Not going to happen with Planet Zoo though! I'm going to stick to it, and just as I thought the community here is very encouraging! 😁

Top Bottom