Bungie splits with Activision, keeps control of Destiny

I'm incredibly happy about this.

Forsaken was a nice appetizer. Maybe in a couple of years, we're going to see truly exceptional games from Bungie, once again. :)

And the next one:
Pomerantz LLP is investigating claims on behalf of investors of Activision Blizzard, Inc. The investigation concerns whether Activision and certain of its officers and/or directors have engaged in securities fraud or other unlawful business practices.
Looks like they're preparing for a class action lawsuit.

Source:
https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/shareholder-alert-pomerantz-law-firm-investigates-claims-on-behalf-of-investors-of-activision-blizzard-inc---atvi-2019-01-11

Man I love watching billion dollar companies fall apart :)

Imagine how great it would be if Bioware and DICE left EA.
Naturally, the circumstances there are quite different. EA owns Bioware and DICE, while Activision didn't own Bungie. Bungie only had publishing agreements with Activision (with hefty revenue spitting, of course), while Bioware and DICE were on the verge of bankrupcy when EA outright bought them and their IPs.

Still. Man can dream. :)

There are some forced designed/story/character decisions outside of publisher pressure for micro-transactions. John Epler twitter response (dragon age 4 trailer) to fans asking for '"no more sledgehammering in political agendas and just make a great game." It shows me less of a concern of making a game and more making a statement. Let them burn I say.

Last edited:
Naturally, the circumstances there are quite different. EA owns Bioware and DICE, while Activision didn't own Bungie. Bungie only had publishing agreements with Activision (with hefty revenue spitting, of course), while Bioware and DICE were on the verge of bankrupcy when EA outright bought them and their IPs.

Riccitello sure seemed to happen to be at the right place at the right time.

Heh.

Imagine DICE breaking free and going back to their old ways of making games.

Then there would be hope for a BF2143 with improved Titan mode and community made maps.

Top Bottom