Burning stations rescues .

Straight through the slot, stay on the centre line. Rotate ship to help limpets. No infractions or explosion shenanigans if you stay on the centre. Nudge up to the fuel container (or whatever it is), optimum place for my T-9.
You still need to keep an eye on the time though.

Trying use these burning stations to get my Fed rank (and maybe my Imperial rank) up...

Can you jump up several ranks at once, or do you have to get up to 100% in your current rank, do a rank up mission, then go back to a burning station to start grinding the next rank and repeat, repeat, repeat?

Is the rescue ship instance showing as hostile for anyone else? I have no fines or bounties and it's saying I'm hostile.

I'm not really getting how this works. Why am I hostile?

Ahh nevermind I pledged to another power recently.

Last edited:
These missions are really fun and you can combine so many rewards:

• rank
  • engineering mats
  • improve landings skills where not appropriate
  • "Credits"

With previous fittings I ran out of missions. Adjusted to this one (you can engineer if you like):

• not ran out of passenger missions atm
  • stay inside until heat sinks are empty and is most of the times exactly the time the 3 limpets need to fill my cargo
  • finish more missions with collected cargo (more efficient and easy task)
  • limpets collect the engineering mats in the stations and there are plenty of them

Thx FDev. Nice job and nice atmosphere in the stations.

Stations should burn till next thargsday

If you combine the passengers with the salvage in station you will make even more REP. Sell the salvage as mission cargo.

I quickly slapped this together: https://s.orbis.zone/d6s4
Now I go Burning station - rescueship - FC and I drop off around 320 tons of broker mission only cargo per trip
320tons of cargo? Never saw even close this number of cargo in a burning station 🤔

Usually the passengers will keep pushing to take off after they have embarked on my ship for 5 seconds while I still have 100+ passengers queuing up to my ship. So I cannot stay too long in the station. Anyway I understand their nervousness.

rescue-3-jpg.212616

Attachments

• rescue-3.jpg
    rescue-3.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 292
They always complain, ignore them.
Do as many as you like. The credits are not brilliant, but you can get good rep and engineering mats.
You can also salvage stuff floating in the station and use it to complete missions at the rescue ship.
I didn't know about the salvage stuff.
Thanks Speed

Usually the passengers will keep pushing to take off after they have embarked on my ship for 5 seconds while I still have 100+ passengers queuing up to my ship. So I cannot stay too long in the station. Anyway I understand their nervousness.

rescue-3-jpg.212616

They can ruddy well wait since I’m doing them a good rescue service! I hope they weren’t too distressed though when I took them on a fly-by of their ruined homes to bask in the disaster atmosphere.

Yeah they complain, but it doesn't matter at all. I don't even open the message tab, let alone read their whinging.
One time yesterday I forgot to disembark them after docking at the rescue ship before going afk for 10mins, and when I returned there were a lot of messages but they still all paid up. ^^

320tons of cargo? Never saw even close this number of cargo in a burning station 🤔
My Cutter has room for 256t as well - more than needed for a single run but its handy to just throw in a few dozen limpets, pile up salvage over multiple visits and then do the missions in bulk at the end of my session. Less fiddling around with the station UI and no cargo micro management.

Yeah they complain, but it doesn't matter at all. I don't even open the message tab, let alone read their whinging.
One time yesterday I forgot to disembark them after docking at the rescue ship before going afk for 10mins, and when I returned there were a lot of messages but they still all paid up. ^^
...or you can do what I did yesterday; I dropped all my rescued passengers off and returned to the burning station for some scooping, only to realize that 3 very nervous and impatient passengers were still onboard XD. I did the scooping, returned to rescue ship, headed back out and yes, I forgot about these poor fellas again. Laughed so hard my cat flipped the table screeming for the door. :ROFLMAO:

What ship is everyone using for these missions? I purchased a beluga thinking that'll do the job ... Long story short my behind keeps getting stuck in the toaster rack 😞

Back
Top Bottom