Calling all XBOX SRV enthusiasts

PS4 commander accepts and completes the challenge ...

That is a lot of fun!
Highly recommended.
Thanks for putting this together.

I'd like to submit my first try even though I crashed before I finished the black run.
(D'oh!)
I have the whole run recorded if necessary.

Started @ ~2:42:00

Crossed blue @ ~ 2:58:55 for a time of ~16:55

Crossed red @ ~ 3:16:17 for a time of ~34:17

Over to team XBOX then! [yesnod]

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
XBox.
My usual wing haven't encountered it while I've shown them to barnacles, surface settlements for manufactured mats, guardian ruins, etc.

I don't know why. Maybe some kinda difference between my launch model XO and the S or X versions.

Its interesting as there was a PS4 player who claimed similar over on the PS4 forum. I wish I knew what the secret was because I have tried with many different people on my PS4 Pro and without fail with 3 SRVs in the instance I will crash.

Possibly time for a retest.
I now actively avoid winging up in SRV because of the crash.
Having tested it after every major release, it was there then and the lack of Frontier commentary on the issue inferred that it is still present now.

It is / was easy to re-produce.

Three (or four) commanders in a wing land a couple of KMs from a starport / point of interest.

Race / drive fast / drive slowly towards the point of interest.
As the distance between SRVs increase and the amount of information needed to be communicated between the console increases, we get a fatal crash.

It didn't have to be in a straight, it could have just been bouncing around three parked Ships.

Race / drive fast / drive slowly towards the point of interest.
As the distance between SRVs increase and the amount of information needed to be communicated between the console increases, we get a fatal crash.

This could be why I've never experienced it, we've always stuck together around barnacles/guardian sites/etc.
any time I'm actively covering a large amount of distance, it's solo.

I have had it happen loads of times...

Deranged De was showing fishgotnotsole and I where the crashed conda was in Orrere and we all landed fine, a little way away from the ship, and once we were all in the SRVs game crashed.

All 3 of us had visited the system the Gnosis was stuck in, on a planet next to a Thargoid barnacle site and we were just parked sitting in the ships when a fourth player turned up, in the same PG (Mobius) as we were... as soon as the 4th ship landed game crashed for everyone

Guardian site, 3 players in SRVs game crashed

Mazoony (??) A 1 A looking for Arsenic, solo, after 20 minutes in SRV buzz crash, clear cache, reset console try again after 30 minutes same thing... buzz crash... thing to do Play something else!

There are other examples but I'm sure you get the gist ;)

It's been my personal experience that it doesn't even take 3 +. Back when 3.2 and I was out doing the Guardian blueprint thing, sometimes I'd get a crash even with just one or two other SRV's in the instance.

I will say, though, that I have never had a crash while in an SRV alone, regardless of mode. Maybe I've been lucky in that regard, but I'm still of the mind that the bug is entirely multiplayer related.

verminstar

Banned
I guess that means my experience is the fly in the ointment because almost all my issues took place in solo mode...I gave up on open play a long time ago and have spent probably 3k of my total 4k hours in solo mode.

Truth be told, that was the old oneS...Ive since upgraded to the X and while I have the game on my HD I havent actually logged in with the X yet. Just ddnt have any motivation to because it was happening so frequently to me that it became...fer me personally...unplayable.

I may come across as a bit confrontational on these forums with a none too happy persona...put yerself in my position...would you be happy?

Im glad that at least some of you guys can have a bug free game experience...I dont know why thats the case but there it is. Its not a multiplayer exclusive bug when it affects a player in solo mode...so possibly its an issue with Horizons itself as it only happens on planets.

I guess we will know soon enough if its gonna get fixed...I personally dont think it will be which is why I dont envisage a return to this game anytime soon...possibly ever. The way they treat their own playerbase with the silent treatment...I neither understand why nor would I trust a word they say when they do break that silence. As things stand, I dont think I could ever trust them again...so perhaps leaving entirely and uninstalling is the best amd most stress free solution fer everyone.

That choice may or may not be available when the patch notes are released...if its not fixed then they will have made the choice for me. I was peeved in 2017 and held on because of their speeches about how 2018 was gonna be the year of quality of life updates...so far all Ive seen is a few updates with precious little quality and long term bugs ignored and left to fester and rot in silence.

I guess this is what it feels like to be taken fer a mug...they good at making promises Ill give them that...not so hot with the delivery however ^

Last edited:
I guess that means my experience is the fly in the ointment because almost all my issues took place in solo mode...I gave up on open play a long time ago and have spent probably 3k of my total 4k hours in solo mode.

Truth be told, that was the old oneS...Ive since upgraded to the X and while I have the game on my HD I havent actually logged in with the X yet. Just ddnt have any motivation to because it was happening so frequently to me that it became...fer me personally...unplayable.

I may come across as a bit confrontational on these forums with a none too happy persona...put yerself in my position...would you be happy?

Im glad that at least some of you guys can have a bug free game experience...I dont know why thats the case but there it is. Its not a multiplayer exclusive bug when it affects a player in solo mode...so possibly its an issue with Horizons itself as it only happens on planets.

I guess we will know soon enough if its gonna get fixed...I personally dont think it will be which is why I dont envisage a return to this game anytime soon...possibly ever. The way they treat their own playerbase with the silent treatment...I neither understand why nor would I trust a word they say when they do break that silence. As things stand, I dont think I could ever trust them again...so perhaps leaving entirely and uninstalling is the best amd most stress free solution fer everyone.

That choice may or may not be available when the patch notes are released...if its not fixed then they will have made the choice for me ^

But what is your best ridge time?

I would love if Fdev would dedicate some of those "100+ people" who work on this game to fix the console specific bugs and issues. I hear about all this cool stuff, events and get togethers on PC and think, "I'd love to play that game."

I hear about all this cool stuff, events and get togethers on PC and think, "I'd love to play that game."

Eh. I have a PC that can handle it just fine. But most of my friends have their get-togethers on XBox as they don't have solid gaming rigs, so PC play tends to be a solo experience for me, while the XBox is where I get my social gaming (Like many things tbh). Which is honestly fine, given how I kinda prefer not to have reminders of the real world when playing anything in VR.

verminstar

Banned
And fer all yer talk of fast cars!

Forza 4 meets that need better than any game with a single non upgradeable vehicle with no gearbox. I would have loved this event cos driving the SRV was one the things I used to enjoy the most...merely adds insult to injury at this point. Not long left before the patchnotes end the misery of waiting ^

verminstar

Banned
I would love if Fdev would dedicate some of those "100+ people" who work on this game to fix the console specific bugs and issues. I hear about all this cool stuff, events and get togethers on PC and think, "I'd love to play that game."

Its like the old class system...pc players are first class while console players are like steerage. If this were a pc bug, do ye really think they would have let it fester fer a year and 3 months? Somehow I doubt that very much ^

Its like the old class system...pc players are first class while console players are like steerage. If this were a pc bug, do ye really think they would have let it fester fer a year and 3 months? Somehow I doubt that very much ^

I know this is pure conspiracy theory, and it's 99% likely not to be true, but in some ways it is in Frontier's financial interest not to fix the console versions. I know of a number of PS4 players who are either considering or have already "upgraded" to PC game machines in order to play ED. That's more money in Frontier's pocket, both from the repurchase of ED as well as any cosmetics.

I personally refuse to "reward" Frontier for neglecting the console bugs. Funny thing is that I was actually considering grabbing an XBox One X for this very purpose (playing ED) until I read you folks have just as many problems as we PS4 players do. No, Frontier already has too much of my money....

Deleted member 110222

D
I know this is pure conspiracy theory, and it's 99% likely not to be true, but in some ways it is in Frontier's financial interest not to fix the console versions. I know of a number of PS4 players who are either considering or have already "upgraded" to PC game machines in order to play ED. That's more money in Frontier's pocket, both from the repurchase of ED as well as any cosmetics.

I personally refuse to "reward" Frontier for neglecting the console bugs. Funny thing is that I was actually considering grabbing an XBox One X for this very purpose (playing ED) until I read you folks have just as many problems as we PS4 players do. No, Frontier already has too much of my money....

Actually I'm inclined to agree.

FD has already made clear that they're willing to cut platforms... Mac recently, with the game closing down on Apple platforms in a matter of days now. What a lot of people forget is that FD also, quite some time ago I might add, cut support for Windows 32bit.

I honestly fear that console parity with PC will not last forever, especially with the demands being made by the community for future content.

Top Bottom