Cambat face hugging

Simple. the NPCs are programmed to do that. TBH they also have a set of short manoeuvres to try and break the fight open but after that they resume facetanking again.

I think the main reasons are: 1. you can't expect game designers/AI experts to be experts in Combat Manoeuvring as well because that is pretty complex stuff, and 2. to keep the game playable on consoles (they use less than optimal controllers for this type of manoeuvring).

Since Engineers were introduced combat in ED moved towards facetanking and having a tricked out weapons loadout that can produce a surprise effect (a combo). That's why the Engineers came with all those special effects and overpowered blueprints. Add to that huge shield boosts to make long-time facetanking feasible.

Last edited:
I noticed Annies docking with the main guns of my Corvette on multiple occasions recently. I'm fine with it honestly, as their frantic efforts to analyse the lack of interior decorations on my bridge puts them in range of every one of my guns. Not a terribly good survival tactic though.

Top Bottom