Newcomer / Intro Can I do any mining mission using Deep Core mining?

I intend to do missions from NPCs for now with mining, but say I get a mission that just says "mine x amount of unit" instead of "blast out" x amount of unit", can I still do this with Deep Core mining or can you only mine certain rocks and do certain missions with Deep Core mining? Here's my ship build, I added mining lasers in case I cannot do certain missions but I have no idea how to tell which missions from NPCs require which type of mining. https://s.orbis.zone/dy7r

Only some minerals can be deep core mined, see the table below:

mining places.jpg

This is very useful, thanks. Is it beneficial to keep the mining laser on my ship as well as the tools for Deep Core mining or should I just switch them out as needed?
If you mine Bromellite or LTD, for example, which are available in cores and on surfaces, then yes, you can use both laser and deep core tools at the same time, so, you can surface-laser the asteroid and then crack it for deep core.

First off learn how to mine, most if not all of the mining missions the materials are only available with laser mining.

Look at the mission boards, make a note of what types of commodities and roughly what quantities are asked for but do NOT accept any missions. Go do some mining for one of the materials that are being asked for, return to the station, check mission board and then accept and complete the mission with goods that you have already mined.

Keep a good eye on INARA - Commodities page, a number of carriers are buying at a lot better price than stations for the same commodities as being regularly asked for on the mission boards.

I am a carrier based miner mining out in the black, I mine for both high value commodities and mission board commodities, when I return I sell to mission boards, stations or other carriers, dependent on prices and weather I can be bothered to chase the highest prices or just grab a fair price and run:)

Feel free to check my carrier link is in my sig, cargo is visible.

Top Bottom