Can I reuse planet coasters scenerys and props to do my own animation with it?

Hi
Can I reuse planet coasters scenerys buildings and props to do my own animation with it, and how would I get it in to my 3D software?

Tim

Ok thank, im not a very good modeler but a good animator so I thought I could use Planet Coasters scenerys bulidings and props to my own actions, and if frontier is listening can you please make the scenerys buildings and Props avalable for people like me, as Im Disabled gamer.

A good workaround is just getting free models online (e.g. on sketchfab.com; you can find tons of free models there which may be used however you like) and animating those if that's all you need.

Technically, there's always a way to extract 3D models from any game, but unless some crafty programmer made a tool for it, it requires a lot of knowledge and dedication, so don't bother (also, reversing without the owners consent is illegal).

A good workaround is just getting free models online (e.g. on sketchfab.com; you can find tons of free models there which may be used however you like) and animating those if that's all you need.

Technically, there's always a way to extract 3D models from any game, but unless some crafty programmer made a tool for it, it requires a lot of knowledge and dedication, so don't bother (also, reversing without the owners consent is illegal).
It is not as easy as just downloading a model for Planet Coaster. You need to convert them to be used in the TMTK. Which means, you need to give them proper LOD Levels and you have to assign the proper materials to them. It is a bit more complicated than to just download any model and expect to import it into the Game.

Like he said ^. There's plenty of free 3d models around. A lot of websites that sell professional models (ie. TurboSquid) have heaps of free models to download too. If the models don't have the right textures for you there are free textures you can download from other sites. To put this all together you're going to have to understand a few intricacies of 3d modelling anyway.

It is not as easy as just downloading a model for Planet Coaster. You need to convert them to be used in the TMTK. Which means, you need to give them proper LOD Levels and you have to assign the proper materials to them. It is a bit more complicated than to just download any model and expect to import it into the Game.
Most models on Sketchfab come with a texture setup similar to the one used by TMTK, you just have to rename the texture files (e. g. _albedo to _BC, _normal to _NG etc). For LODs, you can usually get away with using the base model as L0 (and even L1 and L2 if there are <<8000 tris), and just use an automatic reduction method like the Decimate-Modifier of Blender for the remaining LODs. It may not be ideal if you don't put in further effort, but it works and takes like 3 minutes to prepare a model from Sketchfab for TMTK.

Top Bottom