Newcomer / Intro Can somebody help me get credits, its very hard for me to get a lot of credits to get better stuff.

Are you in Horizons or Odyssey?

Are you in the starter zone?

In Horizons you can make lots of starter money by going to a RES (resource extraction site) and following the security forces around, shoot what they are shooting (make sure your target box shows them as "wanted" before firing) - collect lots of money.

If you are in Odyssey I have no idea, I have not bothered with it so far (waiting for improvements).

easiest way to make money in ED are courier missions - these missions are basicly carry this from station A > B, take as many of the missions as you can find going to the same location they dont pay much but are one of the easiest ways to make money

for the best quick money head to resource extraction sites and kill steal npc priates police are already shooting, makesure you taget the pirate ships first and wait for it to show the ship is Wanted otherwise the police will target you. so long as you get a few good shots youll get cash for the kill, unless theyve modified the payouts you can easily make a few million credits per hour. dont get greedy when you start getting credit for kills, you need to survive and hand in your bounty vouchers to get credits, if you die you loose the vouchers

exploring is the second easiest free cash, every new system you visit use your discovery scanner you will get paid for every new system you visit even if your not the first there

trading is another good way to make some cash take a look here https://eddb.io/ and use the single multi or loop trade routes - this will let you set your starting system set cargo size and give you a breakdown of where and what to buy sell and what your profit will be

Which game do you play (Odyssey or Horizons), where are you (in the game), which timezone do you play in and what are your expectations for "lots of money"?

If you want (or have to) play on your own (and in Horizons), I'd suggest to look for a nice system with a reasonable amount of player traffic and a big station (industry or high tech should be ok - unless you want to do tourist stuff, the a tourist based economy would be preferrable) close (less than 1000 ls) from the jump-in point.
Then make a few millions from scanning planets (a.k.a. "Road to Riches", or R2R - see e.g. https://spansh.co.uk/riches) and sell this explo data at your new home base. That should get you allied with the base owning faction. Once you're allied, they will offer you missions with payouts in the 100k (simple data courier) - 6 MCr. (political assassinations) range. Or passenger missions with up to double figure MCr. (those will require a dedicated ship, though - long range and cool running, so Engineering is inevitable).

On the other hand, if "lots of credits" mean "10 bn for a fleet carrier and running cost", you'll need to go mining - or resort to AFK bounty farming. The latter will require an investment of ~700 - 1000 MCr. for a correspondingly equipped Cutter or T-10.

Its very hard to get a lot of credits please help.
Really? This game literally throws money at you.
You can get millions of credits just by flying around and scanning systems.

Just do whatever missions you like and you will soon earn money. There are also plenty of 'road to riches' videos on YouTube, but I personally hate them.

My advice.... just play the game the way that you enjoy and don't be in too much of a rush to get everything so quickly.

Really? This game literally throws money at you.
You can get millions of credits just by flying around and scanning systems.

Just do whatever missions you like and you will soon earn money. There are also plenty of 'road to riches' videos on YouTube, but I personally hate them.

My advice.... just play the game the way that you enjoy and don't be in too much of a rush to get everything so quickly.
Depends. Having just gone through the Odyssey start, I can tell you that earning money can be hard work.
I deliberately postponed my pilot training and was only doing foot missions and using taxi and after two weeks of playing I've just barely made my first million. Naturally I've been buying some equipment in that time as well, but starting in Odyssey can be rough.

It's kind of the charm of the whole thing, though. I like it.
Once you get your ship, yeah, it's a breeze after that.

and after two weeks of playing I've just barely made my first million.
I like it.
It should be hard to make money, else it has no meaning.
I currently have just over 1.2b credits and I think nothing of the few million it will cost me if I lose my ship. It is mere lose change to me.
But if I didn't have all that cash, I'd be a lot more aware of what I am doing and where I am going, so that I minimize ship damage and dodgy systems.

Imagine if you were a millionaire and had a sports car. If you crashed it one day you would think "meh, I'll just buy another one."
But if you had to spend a few years saving hard to buy that car, you would look after it like one of your children. And then you'd probably cry when it got so much as a scratch because it will cost you a few grand to have it polished out.

I remember when Elite first came out and I had to work damn hard just to make enough credits to buy a few tons of luxuries that I could then, hopefully, sell for a meager profit.
If I was lucky I'd make enough to buy a rear pulse laser.
But it certainly made me appreciate my ship more and the equipment I had on it.

Ah the good old days.

I like it.
It should be hard to make money, else it has no meaning.
I currently have just over 1.2b credits and I think nothing of the few million it will cost me if I lose my ship. It is mere lose change to me.
But if I didn't have all that cash, I'd be a lot more aware of what I am doing and where I am going, so that I minimize ship damage and dodgy systems.

Imagine if you were a millionaire and had a sports car. If you crashed it one day you would think "meh, I'll just buy another one."
But if you had to spend a few years saving hard to buy that car, you would look after it like one of your children. And then you'd probably cry when it got so much as a scratch because it will cost you a few grand to have it polished out.

I remember when Elite first came out and I had to work damn hard just to make enough credits to buy a few tons of luxuries that I could then, hopefully, sell for a meager profit.
If I was lucky I'd make enough to buy a rear pulse laser.
But it certainly made me appreciate my ship more and the equipment I had on it.

Ah the good old days.
That's one of the reasons I clear my save from time to time and start over. It really re-sparks the enthusiasm and fun for me. :)

Yes once Odyssey is on console I will be deleting my save too and starting from scratch.

ED is too easy for making money. It should be like the old days.

Like the late Robert Holdstock wrote.....

Let's be clear about trading. Trading between worlds is no game for a youngster with ideas of getting rich quick. You can spend a lifetime carrying food, machinery and textiles, and at the end of that life you'll have enough saved up to buy a patch of coastal land on an Earth-type world, and spend the rest of your days in quiet, isolated comfort.
That's all.

A lifetime of sweat and combat for an orbital shuttle, a home, and the clear blue of an alien sea at your doorstep. If you want more, there are ways of getting it: narcotics, slaves, zoo animals, weapons, political refugees . . . trade in any of these things and wealth will tumble around you.
And corsairs, and privateers, and pirates . . .
And the police.

The strain of the years of honest trading was already telling on Jason Ryder, but he had invested wisely, and this small, cargo-carrying pleasure yacht was his pride and joy.

I got to my first Million by mining Tritium at Dromi-2 Ring.
Then bought a Cobra Mk3, a Refinery with 3 hoppers and some Collector Limpets.
Got to 5 Million, then upgraded both ships to max.
Then go play anywhere!
:)

Odyssey is a DLC for Elite.
So i can see why making starter money strictly in EDO is harder (heck, even a g3 suit is more expensive than some ships)

But using the starter Sidewinder to follow security ships in a Res zone (as per post #2) then fitting a DSS and scanning planets (as per post #5) - which is also very useful in EDO to spot the on-foot random POI markers... well that's lots of credits already.

yea, what i'm trying to say is playing the ship game first then the legs game, is the way

Where is the nearest place to the starter zone to get a DSS (can I get one in the starter zone?), and do I need a special Ship to fit it?
Thanks

I got to my first Million by mining Tritium at Dromi-2 Ring.
Then bought a Cobra Mk3, a Refinery with 3 hoppers and some Collector Limpets.
Got to 5 Million, then upgraded both ships to max.
Then go play anywhere!
:)
You could have made 5 mil in your first hour if you'd gone to the high resource extraction site in the same rings and helped the police kill the bad guys.

Where is the nearest place to the starter zone to get a DSS (can I get one in the starter zone?), and do I need a special Ship to fit it?
Thanks

They are not available in the noob-zone, just like many other things F D have limited the capabilities in there deliberately. Ay Indi is the nearest well-stocked location that a lot of commanders emerging from the zone use. Remember that you will lose the noob-zone permit on docking outside that zone, even though Ay Indi is listed as Pilot's Federation, it is not the same as the noob-zone administration nor a permit-locked system so you lose your permit on docking there.

Bounty hunting was nerfed recently . Just go mine
I will just go find something else to do , I ain't mining nothin

Top Bottom