Can someone help?

For fun I kitted out a Hauler to use it as a rescue vessel, since it is fast, nimble and look like the perfect rescue ship and by rescue I mean retrieving occupied scape pods and such. The only problem is that the only time I'm actually going after them I couldn't find any, planetside or USS. Does anybody have tips for me on how to more easily find them and other search and rescue commodities I could trade?

For fun I kitted out a Hauler to use it as a rescue vessel, since it is fast, nimble and look like the perfect rescue ship and by rescue I mean retrieving occupied scape pods and such. The only problem is that the only time I'm actually going after them I couldn't find any, planetside or USS. Does anybody have tips for me on how to more easily find them and other search and rescue commodities I could trade?
I was looking into this recently actually. Have a read through this thread;

Hope that helps o7

I was looking into this recently actually. Have a read through this thread;

Hope that helps o7
Thanks, but I'm looking for something more...active. I'm not in the mood for reloging, I don't just want do get the goods, I want to find it and rescue it! Then again thanks for the feedback, it might be useful in the future.

Well,you could try the mission boards.Salvage missions come up there.
Often they will ask for retrieval of specific items, but there is sometimes more at the site,so if your hold is big enough....Its been a while since i ran into thargs, but i seem to recall you could find all sorts...personal correspondance,etc,even honesty pills.It's been a while,though,so things have probably changed.

I'm not up-to-date with the thargoid situation, but these NHSS are often full of shipswrecks and a few survivors.
You could try out there in the pleiades.
Maia, Merope, Asterope has been full of goids for ages.

I rarely have much trouble finding them on planet surfaces, in random POIs.

There is also an oddity with sensors that as long as you have a mission for a given commodity, you can target it in any POI you've spawned at any range as long as that mission is active. I'm pretty sure this is unintended, but it's worth mentioning.

I rarely have much trouble finding them on planet surfaces, in random POIs.

There is also an oddity with sensors that as long as you have a mission for a given commodity, you can target it in any POI you've spawned at any range as long as that mission is active. I'm pretty sure this is unintended, but it's worth mentioning.
Yeah, I noticed the mission thing. It happens even when you don't take it, I docked at a starpot and saw they had some source missions for palladium and at the surface almost all of the POI's with canisters in them had more than one palladium.

Top Bottom