Can they fix the DSS???

Yeah this issue prompted me to just shelve the game for a few weeks. I want to play in VR and the only reason I really bought odyssey was for the new graphics. I do not care about FPS. Right now Fdev is almost totally focused on FPS and getting it ready for consoles. If they can not even fix a simple bug that breaks exploration in VR time to move on.

Maybe it´s input device specific? i use a xbox controller.
I'm using a Warthog hotas, specifically the joystick which I found to be almost workable when it was broken. In the new update, the DSS UI is no longer completely wrapped around me but flat as it used to be. Everything seems back to normal although they did say they fixed this once before in update 2 (didn't work for me). I've switched back to the small joystick on the throttle now and that works too. I have an Xbox controller so I'll try that out later. Should also say I am using a Reverb G1 (WMR).

Yes, sorry you are all correct, it is still messed up but it has changed for me. Before, the UI was wrapped around like the FSS but mapped on a globe. The white dot would just skate off the screen and I couldn't get it back. Now the white dot does move but is much more controllable. The UI is back to a flat screen. Before the probe would fly off at a random angle, no way to tell where I am aiming. Now the probe is always sent in line with the targetting line so I am able to at least control where it will land. It is workable for me until they get it fixed again. Contributed to the thread on the issue tracker in any case.

Apologies Cmdr's.

Free camera and DSS still broke.

why does it take so long for Fdev to fix basic game functions for VR users.

these are BASIC GAME FUNCTIONS to be able to play the game I paid money for.
If it was some case where a lot of credits are paid out, it would get fixed in less than 24 hours.

But game function go file a report get it “ verified ” and Waite.
If it’s VR related then move to back of the bus.

Top Bottom