Kinect: Disneyland Adventures Can't copy saved games

I wish to copy my saved games from the hard drive to a memory stick and/or the cloud in case the hard drive crashes or the game glitches. I had two game saves, "autosave 1" and "autosave 2." However, I was only able to copy autosave 1; when I went to copy autosave 2, which was at 11% completion at the time, I got the error message, "Can't transfer game between devices." I was able to keep copying autosave 1 until I got past 8%completion, and then I couldn't copy that game save anymore, getting the same error message. What is happening with this? Why can't I copy the game saves, particularly after being able to early on? :S

I wish to copy my saved games from the hard drive to a memory stick and/or the cloud in case the hard drive crashes or the game glitches. I had two game saves, "autosave 1" and "autosave 2." However, I was only able to copy autosave 1; when I went to copy autosave 2, which was at 11% completion at the time, I got the error message, "Can't transfer game between devices." I was able to keep copying autosave 1 until I got past 8%completion, and then I couldn't copy that game save anymore, getting the same error message. What is happening with this? Why can't I copy the game saves, particularly after being able to early on? :S

Hi there,

I am having the same issue with saves that Brianiac427 has mentioned.
Given the size of this game, I also wanted to create a back up game save and was able to do so initially.

However, after reaching 8 % completion, I was suddenly unable to copy my game save to my memory stick. I don't understand why this is ? Obviously, it is possible for back up saves to be created from the game, so why is this suddenly disabled at the 8 % game progress mark ?

While I absolutely love playing this game and have put a considerable amount of time into it already, I would honestly be absolutely GUTTED if I encountered a game stopping glitch and had no recent save to fall back on.
Going back to the 8 % save and doing everything all over again, after reaching even 30 or 40 % progress, would be extremely disheartening and frustrating.

I am wondering if others have encountered the same problem ?

And a note to the developers : Thank you so much for creating this incredible game!!! PLEASE make it possible for us to continue copying our game saves to memory sticks as we progress through the game.

Last edited:

Michael Brookes

Game Director
My understanding is that you cannot copy the game save as it is linked to other files on the Xbox profile itself that cannot be moved without the whole profile being moved. I will however check to make sure this is correct.

Michael

My understanding is that you cannot copy the game save as it is linked to other files on the Xbox profile itself that cannot be moved without the whole profile being moved. I will however check to make sure this is correct.

Michael

Hello Michael,

Thank you very much for responding to these concerns so quickly.

I do have a couple a questions relating to your response:
1) If the reason for not being able to copy the game save is because it is linked to other files on the xbox profile, why were both Brainiac427 and I able to create copies of our progress and save them to an alternate storage device for the first 8 % of the game ?

2) Why do other Xbox 360 games allow you to move copies of your game progress on to a storage device ?

Please realize that this is such a huge game that being able to continue saving progress on to another storage device throughout the game provides tremendous peace of mind.

I just hope that you're able to somehow make it possible for us to continue keeping a back up game save, past the current 8 % mark.

Thank you !!!

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Not all Xbox games allow saves to be transferred, although you are right most do.

My understanding is that it is something to do with the photo saves, once they start then the save game can no longer be moved.

Michael

Top Bottom