Newcomer / Intro Can't dock anywhere :(

Hi folks,

On my way across space to Diso from LHS 3447, but very frustrated as I can't dock anywhere. I lock a station (eg Swigert) and go through the galaxy map but there is no option to request docking permission - I don'y even get the option on the drop down. Everyone else I've found that has docking probs it's getting denied, but I don't even get chance to be turned down! I tried 3 different stations in different systems, from under 7.5km away, with or without landing gear down. I'm in solo mode atm. Please help ;_;

This has been asked and answered quite a few times. One trick is to go into Solo mode, then you should be able to land no problems.

Edit: Yeah sorry, reading fail on my part :) You are in Solo mode! Do as yaffle suggests.

Last edited:

Yaffle

Volunteer Moderator
Wait, you're in the Galaxy Map?

Go to the left panel, across to contacts, down to the station, try there.

I'm already playing in solo mode :)

I am pressing 1, to bring up the left hand pane (contacts?) and am choosing the station from there - I then get an option to lock destination but I never get an option to request docking permission.

Press '1' (default key) then go to the 'contacts' tab, find the station and then click and select 'request docking'. If you're within 7.5km then it will allow or deny (depending on if the station is full or not)

Last edited:

Yaffle

Volunteer Moderator
You're in the navigation tab I think.

You need to move across (don't know what your key is) to get to 'contacts' at the top, after 'transactions'

Press '1' (default key) then go to the 'contacts' tab, find the station and then click and select 'request docking'. If you're within 7.5km then it will allow or deny (depending on if the station is full or not)

That's my problem, it never shows 'request docking', regardless of distance

Hi!

Wrong tab in the left panel: Not navigation, You need contacts. There highlight the station, press target ahead for selecting it and then move one down to "Request docking".

Didnt You looked at this video prior to jumping into the universe?

[video=youtube;weAoY7kw2NM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weAoY7kw2NM[/video]

Michael.

Last edited:
Aaaah I get what you are saying, thank you for your help <3 I was indeed in the nav bit and nit contacts. Thankyou for the speedy replies!

After pressing 1 try E. Hopefully that should take you from navigation to transactions and then to contacts.

Edit - I'm too slow. Glad you got it sorted.

Don't forget you need to be at a minimum distance to request docking. It's around 7km I think, if you're too far away they will ignore you, or sometimes deny docking.

The bigger the station the further away you can be. Outposts are more fussy :)

You can be a very long way away and see the request docking option. The starport won't reply though! I missed once and ended up 170km away. lol

Top Bottom