Can't for the life of me select multiple objects

This one is driving me absolutely crazy. The guides say hold CTRL + left click to select multiple objects. The YouTube tutorials say it. People on Reddit and here say it. I literally just sat through Geekism's otherwise amazing building tutorial video and watched him go step by step through CTRLing and clicking and getting nice neat selections of multiple objects. I have CTRLed and clicked and Shifted and clicked and tried reassigning the keyboard shortcut and resetting it to default and I am about at my wit's end here. I just want to be able to select multiple objects so I can build things. And yes, I know about the little button to manually do it but guys, I really, really need to be able to use a keyboard shortcut for this, my carpal tunnel is already flaring up from playing this game for hours. Can anyone help me here? Please?

It's not you, the game is really strange about this. When you are in "build mode" as in editing a group of objects you can drag or ctrl click. When outside of build mode you have to click this button in the most bottom right of the game and turn on multiple select. You have to do that every time you want to select multiple objects.

I brings up the group select, where you have to click and drag and it selects everything within the box regardless of the axis. I want to be able to click on specific objects individually.

Aha. Yeah, it would be nice for those guides to say that you have to use i to toggle multiselect on before you can use shortcut keys to actually use it.

I'm getting Maya flashbacks from these controls!

Top Bottom