Can't unlock Oden Geiger

So I've sold a total of 21 biological samples, employee genetic data and genetic research (9, 4 and 8 respectively IIRC) since being introduced to him by Terra Velasquez, which according to the in-game and Inara info SHOULD unlock him but nothing... tried relogging... nothing. Is his unlocked bugged currently?

Do some variations on these items (like stolen ones, mission items, or whatever) not count? I did gather several of my biological samples by taking collection missions and then dropping the mission (paying the fine to keep the item - same shortcut as one can use for power regulators).

I'm kind of wondering what I'm doing wrong at this point.

UPDATE: I sold one additional item the next day. Relogged... nothing. Did missions for a few hours and upon cashing in some completely unrelated missions, he suddenly invited me. I have no idea what caused the delay.

Last edited:
He should unlock with a mix of items. Maybe it did not register some items because they had non-vanilla data on them, like classified as mission item. The stolen tag should expire as soon as you enter your ship. Try selling some more, I suppose and see if that will satisfy the conditions.

I've seen people saying this before. I only sold 20 Genetic Research (because they were easily obtainable via missions) and it worked. My guess is one or both of the other items don't work.

I'd recommend getting more missions for GRs and selling 12. They're pretty common.

They should probably change all the unlock descriptions to 'sell a few X to the bartender' as they don't seem to count very accurately. Or CMDRs don't. Probably both :)

I just unlocked him by selling, all in one transaction at the bartender:
4 Biological Samples
1 Employee Genetic Data
3 Genetic Research
12 Genetic Research

Not sure why the Genetic Research was split in the inventory.
I had to relog to get the invitation message.

UPDATE: I sold one additional item the next day. Relogged... nothing. Did missions for a few hours and upon cashing in some completely unrelated missions, he suddenly invited me. I have no idea what caused the delay.

I just unlocked him by selling, all in one transaction at the bartender:
4 Biological Samples
1 Employee Genetic Data
3 Genetic Research
12 Genetic Research

Not sure why the Genetic Research was split in the inventory.
I had to relog to get the invitation message.
Mission reward items and looted items do not stack currently. It's a side effect of the way the patched the launch day glitch of mission rewards overwriting gathered materials. They still haven't gotten them to collapse into one stack yet.

Top Bottom