Career mode

Maybe OP you should explain what you mean, as from a look at that link it seems like it allows you to run missions ... like you can already do in ED.

Microsoft Flight Simulator is sandbox without context.
External add-ons can give you more gamification.
Air-hauler allows you to create own company to earn money with flights and play an economic game.
FSCaptain gives you career of flight pilot (more info here http://www.fscaptain.net/info.php )

Elite dangerous is great space sim and sandbox, probably best right now, but lack of game systems. It would be cool if someone could use API to write some more text context to your personal relations with NPC and fractions on stations. Some kind of career mode that would give more meaning to flight sim part. Maybe bring back some more lore and feel from elite books into an elite dangerous game. Maybe more text adventures linked with Missions trough API.

The problem I would see is that MS Flight Simulator is a solo game. In Elite, anything you do have an impact, even if small, in the background simulation. Missions could disbalance things a lot.

Expanding Squadrons to be more general and have tighter integration into the simulation could achieve this. Some Squadrons are also factions already (player factions). Just allow the Squadron leaders to make decisions that are usually simulated - set missions, set commodity demands, make trade routes/form contracts, make profit, initiate wars, etc.

All I wish to bring back more lore and NPC personal interactions to the game. For example, we did a few quests for NPC, and we have more personal relations with him. Now he has a son serving on station attacked by thargoids and asking us to help evacuate people or fighting with invaders. The ideal scenario would be if Frontier Development would bring personal simulation to BSG as we can find in "Crusader Kings" but in the vein of Elite lore, with a hierarchy of NPC fighting for surviving and for power on the fringe and we interact with that hierarchy. BSG conflicts would generate personal drama, and drama would bring more story to the game.

Expanding Squadrons to be more general and have tighter integration into the simulation could achieve this. Some Squadrons are also factions already (player factions). Just allow the Squadron leaders to make decisions that are usually simulated - set missions, set commodity demands, make trade routes/form contracts, make profit, initiate wars, etc.
Player created factions are no like squadrons. Player created factions are exactly the same as any other NPC faction. Basically they are NPC factions with just a player generated name and background.

All I wish to bring back more lore and NPC personal interactions to the game. For example, we did a few quests for NPC, and we have more personal relations with him. Now he has a son serving on station attacked by thargoids and asking us to help evacuate people or fighting with invaders. The ideal scenario would be if Frontier Development would bring personal simulation to BSG as we can find in "Crusader Kings" but in the vein of Elite lore, with a hierarchy of NPC fighting for surviving and for power on the fringe and we interact with that hierarchy. BSG conflicts would generate personal drama, and drama would bring more story to the game.

This could work in the existing mission boards, just add more flavor text to why the mission is being offered (more than we have currently "smuggle 64tons of tea for democracy"). They already have a system for follow on missions which could build more of a personal story between you and the person offering the job.

I think the game by extension is just one big career mode. Only you write your own career instead of following a linear path. I think that's more fun accomplishing my own goals and objectives than finishing what some guy thinks i should do.

Look at it this way: When you stepped into that Sidewinder for the very first time, didn't it kind of feel like the first day at a new job?

Player created factions are no like squadrons. Player created factions are exactly the same as any other NPC faction. Basically they are NPC factions with just a player generated name and background.
I know. That's why I suggested it they could get player input.

Top Bottom