Newcomer / Intro cargo jettison key

Who was the twisted mind that put the default cargo scoop key right by the landing gear and the dump all cargo key right by the 2 of them?

Leaving a station with 52 canisters of performance enhancers, accidentally hit cargo scoop while retracted gear, then accidentally hit dump while trying to retract the scoop. :(

Fined a total of 13k for dumping too near the station. Seeing as it's a new ship which I haven't practiced cargo scooping, and the canisters are all in a bunch, failed to pick any back up before someone (I guess the station security) came and destroyed them.

SO, thanks a bunch twisted mind, I hope you're happy. I have now de-assigned the cargo dump key. In the unlikely event that I need to do that, I'll assign another.

boost is tab key on mine. landing gear is INS, cargo scoop is HOME and cargo dump was END.

actually, I'm surprised I hadn't done it before. Well, that taught me, just spent the best part of the evening getting back to where I was at around 7pm.
Now I can ramp up the earning power of the newly-aquired Asp, and then get a decent FSD and stuff on it. Must remember to pay the fine, too.

Heh... first thing I did after dumping a small cargo (in the station, no less) was change keys to give me better access, and reduce the chance of that error. I didn't lose much, but sure learned the value of putting potentially disastrous keys as far away from the "always used" keys in a hurry. I wonder how many people have been caught by that... not enough to ask, but I do wonder.

Did exactly the same: dumped cargo inside a station (not a euphemism, thankfully, but it sounds like one!).

Immediately changed the jettison cargo key...lesson learned. :mad:

Yeah that one burned me too.

Annoyingly during my first use of the cargo scoop.
At the time I had not learned to use it so it was a clumsy hassle. Worse yet, after a short while, all three pieces of silver just exploded.
In the end I got what I went out for but at quite a loss.

My rage at the jettison button had me remap the key to f12, seeing as I never go near the f row usually.

Since then I have remapped a lot of keys, including flight assist from z to k. I often accidentally pressed z instead of the x (Set speed to zero)
Resulted in a crash here and there.

I think my keys are mapped where I want them now. Yaw to mouse and whatnot.

Since I bought a joystick with a twist-for-rudder ability, I have yaw on that, makes flying the ship a doddle once you're used to it. For the most part, I've left the keys where they are, aside from mapping A and D to forward/back thrusters.

Top Bottom