Carrier position

hi there, is it maybe an idea we can position the carrier ourselves to allign it better towards a body? Often after I jump i face a massive planet which blackens everything out, if I was able to turn the carrier around that would be a great solution. It is not a major annoyance but it would make life a tiny little bit easier :)

Surely you can just look the other way (away from the planet)? I'm not sure what problem you are describing. What difference does it make which way the FC is facing?

Surely you can just look the other way (away from the planet)? I'm not sure what problem you are describing. What difference does it make which way the FC is facing?
Look the other way, where did I hear that before let me think
Sure I can do all sorts but that was not the question now was it? Go have a cookie ot what not, the adults are talking :/

I'm not sure how doable it is to implement. AFAIK the game treats the carriers like stations rather than ships, though the Coriolis stations do rotate on their axis so they don't have to be entirely static either. If it was possible to move the carrier on its axis in a similar manner then that would allow for the best positioning, I mean we have viewports and windows only in certain areas so even though it's kinda trivial it would be a good option to have to make the game present at its best when looking out of them.

i would LOVE to be able to change the orientation of the Fleet Carrier... and change altitude, even hover just over the surface of planets... and be able to park it just above, or even inside asteroid belts...

Top Bottom