Catalog of Deep Space Anomalies in support of Unknown Artefact Analysis

Fellow Explorers:

As you are no doubt aware, there is a puzzle to be solved involving an Unknown Artefact, and this puzzle is being worked on by many in the larger ED community. Like me, maybe you've been a little envious, wishing you were in 'home' space, able to take part in the investigation, but are currently in deep space. Hopefully this thread will provide a way to contribute.

If the Thargoids or some other alien civilization are to come gradually and from deep space, we are likely to be the first to encounter them, or at least signs of them. Our contribution can be to report and catalog anomalies in deep space which may provide valuable clues in support of the larger community analysis.

Please feel free to post in this thread anything you have found that seemed quite out of the ordinary. For instance, unscannable planets, closed systems, weird sounds, signal sources far from home, derilect ships, beacons, and so forth. Video and screencaps would be appropriate, of course. I will do my best to update this OP so as to make the info in the thread most accessible to non-explorers.

Fly safe, CMDRs, and keep your eyes and ears open!

- CMDR Miss Ann Thrope

Last edited:
You are assuming anyone has actually found any of this stuff. We are all desperately looking! Weird sounds...well there's always weird sounds. Have you ever just stood still?

Anyway, good thread. I'll bookmark it.

I really really hope I get a chance to actually use it!

Not sure if this counts as weird as much as maybe a bug...although....have never seen something like that happening before..

This signal just showed up in the HUD...notice how it doesn't say Weak or Strong signal but just the Holo HUD of a signal and then pointing out to that location in that system.

Weird Signal.jpg

I was 13,000 ly from Sol....

Not sure if this counts as weird as much as maybe a bug...although....have never seen something like that happening before..

This signal just showed up in the HUD...notice how it doesn't say Weak or Strong signal but just the Holo HUD of a signal and then pointing out to that location in that system.

View attachment 34245

I was 13,000 ly from Sol....

Yeah sorry to say that this is just the barycenter of the system, something that can be done in any system simply by selecting it from the galmap once inside.

Yeah sorry to say that this is just the barycenter of the system, something that can be done in any system simply by selecting it from the galmap once inside.

Oh!!! So thats what it is!!! LOL...good to know!!! Makes total sense, I was playing with the GalMap...but have never come across with this before....

Well, so I guess that leaves us with nothing then!!! LOL... Sorry CMDR Thrope!!!

Top Bottom