COMPLETED CG Caustic Sink Launcher Delivery Campaign (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
FWIW, the elusive Caustic Launcher is actually a heat sink (not an experimental module as I thought first) and can be transferred from the CG ship vita Outfitting | Stored Modules. Worked for the one I got from the CG at least. As for the unlock, Idk. Maybe stocks haven't arrived yet, but good to know it's obviously a one time thing. Just can't be bothered to enter the Maelstrom right now ;)

O7,
🙃
What’s the ammo capacity like?

1677806116327.png

hmm, i may actually not need more than one (per ship) if they take engineering (8 totals sinks with ammo capacity blueprint) and the resynth is as cheap as normal heatsinks.

Heat sink ammo capacity blueprint works perfectly: it increases the ammo from 5 to 7 however it doubles the mass and the reload time goes up by 50%.

The other engineering (lightweight, reinforced, shielded) for the caustic sinks doesn't seem to make a difference in caustic absorption, I tested it just in case it's tied to integrity.

It's kinda bad that the caustic sinks don't show any extra data about how much caustic damage they absorb in the outfitting info panel making it hard to gauge it's usefulness without having to try it out for yourself (potentially costing a rebuy) or looking up research other people are doing online.

I think for a new player having a "absorbs X made up units of caustic damage" even when it's a random number would be clearer than having to guess from the name or read a technobabble description with big words to understand what the module does.

The "range" and "turreted" stuff is just confusing for most people too since while it might have some bearing on how the module works internally or in multi-crew it's not really a factor when buying the module.

I just bought two of them in Ross 112, and now I'm on my way to Ram-Tah to increase ammo capacity. I'm happy it's permanent unlock, to not travel again in Maelstrom area for caustic tissue samples and other materials. To reach there I suffered 6-7 hyper/interdictions what's incredibly annoying and boring. I would like if FDev give something like FSD stabiliser, so that we can still control our ships during hyper/interdiction and to avoid it, at least with some ships with better agility.

I just bought two of them in Ross 112, and now I'm on my way to Ram-Tah to increase ammo capacity. I'm happy it's permanent unlock, to not travel again in Maelstrom area for caustic tissue samples and other materials. To reach there I suffered 6-7 hyper/interdictions what's incredibly annoying and boring. I would like if FDev give something like FSD stabiliser, so that we can still control our ships during hyper/interdiction and to avoid it, at least with some ships with better agility.
Been wondering if something like that will be the next tech advance, given all the data we have from being pulled out of hyperspace and supercruise.

I understand how a heat sink works.

How does a "caustic sink" work?
Very good question.

The fact is they have no art department for creating new items so the caustic sink will be the heatsink model, rebadged just like most of the recent additions.

Congratulations on the heroic effort put in by commanders on the last day of the CG in an eventually futile attempt to reach tier 3.

Though personally I could wish that you had all listened to the doomsayers and given up on the attempt as in the process you managed to knock me down from nearly in the 10% band when life called me away to comfortably in the 50% band when I got back into the game on Friday.

I made it into the top 25% with 20'951, but only got a single Caustic Sink Launcher so far. Anyone else having the same issue?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom