COMPLETED CG Caustic Sink Launcher Delivery Campaign (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Do you guys think the cost of the caustic sink will be more like the FSD V1 (~100 materials) or the Sirius heat sink (smaller mix of materials and commodities)?
Probably smaller - the FSD is probably roughly equivalent to the 2x the G5 engineering costs while requiring less variety of materials to purchase.

The Caustic Sink might require some of the new and rare xeno materials/data to purchase which might be a limiting factor.

Not a horrible profit for a single trip. Too bad that palladium is in such a short supply it's almost impossible to find any significant quantities of it...

ED_Odyssey_144.jpg

I just spent an hour getting a single caustic tissue sample...
I could spend an hour killing Thargoids and get 200-300 million credits.

Yeah FDev....No.

Yeah FDev....No.
See, my worry is that to get one of these after the GG we’ll have to about collecting this sort of rubbish several times over in order to trade for them one-at-a-time from Tech Brokers …

I delivered 2 Caustic Tissue Samples but my contribution is still 0, why?

base on the information : https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Community_Goals
Thargoid items should be delivered to a research contact?
In ORUNMILLA there is none, therefore I delivered to market.
Did I do something wrong? ( before you ask, yes I signed up to GC yesterday. boths)

I spent so much time to get into xeno fight.
It's so frustrating

1677274822253.png

I delivered 2 Caustic Tissue Samples but my contribution is still 0, why?

base on the information : https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Community_Goals
Thargoid items should be delivered to a research contact?
In ORUNMILLA there is none, therefore I delivered to market.
Did I do something wrong? ( before you ask, yes I signed up to GC yesterday. boths)

I spent so much time to get into xeno fight.
It's so frustrating

View attachment 346677
You checking using your left panel? Those don't update instantly, try checking the CG in the station's mission panel when you next dock, that forces a refresh.

you could also have chosen to deliver palladium and make a crapton of credits. You chose... poorly.
I have more credits than I could ever spend...
...But my time is very finite.
I ended up trading Advanced Catalysers @ about 4 million per run - Palladium seems to be getting very scarce!
(Caustic Tissue Samples have been stashed for future use 👍 )

I understand how a heat sink works.

How does a "caustic sink" work?
Probably much the same way, click or click and hold the button and the corrosion gets fired away from your ship.

Yeah FDev....No.

Yeah, it has been mopped up faster than I expected.
This is one of those CGs where a carrier really makes a difference.
Isn’t Palladium mineable for about 200k/tonne profit?

Not a horrible profit for a single trip. Too bad that palladium is in such a short supply it's almost impossible to find any significant quantities of it...

View attachment 346658

Plenty of Palladium for Medium haulers.
A Python should be able to do 280t (in solo) with no shields and 35+ ly jump range full and a profit of 41+ millions per run
Doing 6 runs per hour - perfectly doable with SCA fast drop off, that means 240 millions per hour profit (and also a contribution of 1680t per hour to the CG)

Plenty of Palladium for Medium haulers.
A Python should be able to do 280t (in solo) with no shields and 35+ ly jump range full and a profit of 41+ millions per run
Doing 6 runs per hour - perfectly doable with SCA fast drop off, that means 240 millions per hour profit (and also a contribution of 1680t per hour to the CG)
That 292 is my Python. Problem is not transporting the stuff. Problem is finding it. I can search it using the galaxy map, but it doesn't say how much of it is at any given place, and usually when I go to some station or settlement there's just a pitiable amount of it (sometimes even less than 10). That 292 took me like going to 6 or 7 places to collect.

Of course it makes sense that every place near Duamta will be depleted, but I have been trying to find palladium much farther away, without significantly more luck. I'll have to try more.

I meant scientifically / physically.

Heat can be conducted away from its source. How do you "conduct" caustic damage?
Ask the advertising copywriters that came up with the phrase.

I suspect that it is
  1. As scientific as rotary winged sentry drones on airless planets.
  2. Maybe the 34th century version of 21st century robot floor mops with an added anti-corrosion spray to deal with the bits not swept/squeegeed up into the holding tanks that blast clear of the hull when (a) the corrosion is dealt with or (b) when tank failure is imminent.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom