[CCN] Community Badges

The Colonia Citizens Network are introducing a new badge system to recognise citizens' achievements.

.eJwVyFEOgyAMANC7cABaylD0NgRJNUFLaPe17O7L3uf7uPfsbnen2dAd4Li0yjy8mszCzbMI91bGpb7KDcWs1PNujylQQMQNXyGtIeNKkf6VaMmJImbEvC0RurD48bD7_gCY0CFd.i9lPgPxgBceNEQ9MpUvCJhy3gBo.png

Designed to reward players for fun activities in-game that benefit the Colony, the badges cover a wide range of areas and gameplay styles. They can be displayed on forum signatures, Discord avatars or any other format colonists wish.

Some are linked to specific challenges, whereas others are tiered and reward continued activity that helps develop the Colony (for example, mining certain quantities of minerals).

It is hoped that the badges will reward and recognise contributions to Colonial life, and provide a way for citizens to display their achievements.

The badge types are...

5f73053191a2093e0890ecc850a61483_13.png
Industry. Awarded for contributions to production and mining in Colonia

4b2b449045727cb63ee1464ab029585b_13.png
Exploration. Awarded for shining the torch of discovery into the galaxy around the Colonia Nebula

afbbf407cd79eb1a5b9d0a2e09ba5a72_13.png
Militia. Awarded for keeping the Colony safe

0da9361b40ba3eb41e8644b0dd6f593b_13.png
Social. Awarded for taking part in Colony life and building the community

To find out how the system works, click here.

There are 128 badges in total, so get involved in Colony life and start claiming and displaying yours with pride!

Instructions for how to claim badges are below

Last edited:
Badges
UBc5Bk7.png

I'm having trouble understanding what this is?
We have your back. Open this spoiler. ;)
cred2.jpg
I think i get it. What do I need?

1. Create a Credly account using your commander's name.
  2. Follow the instructions on the site.

How do I find out the requirements for a badge?

1. Go to Colonia Citizens Network's Credly Page https://credly.com/u/ccnbadges
  2. Go to the Given tab
  3. Click "CLAIM NOW"
  4. You'll be given a list of all badges. If you hover over each badge you can click details and learn more about them.

How do I redeem a badge?

1. Go to this spreadsheet and find the badge you wish to claim. (check the tabs at the bottom to navigate to the badge category)
  2. Copy the URL below the tier of that badge you wish to claim.
  3. Go to the URL in a browser and submit evidence if neccessary then click "Claim This Credit".
  4. Once approved, it'll appear on your Credly profile.

This has been a combined effort between Badge Designers in Colonia, Dlljs, Petroph, Tyrus Quinn, Qohen leth and all Colonia Project Coordinators and Custodians

Last edited:
Fantastic work as always Olivia and the CCN content creators!

I'm particularly interested in earning the Whack-a-'Goid badge .. :D

( presuming the 'Goid in question has hostile intentions, and shoots first ;) )

Last edited:
Nuts, you named the defenders 'Colonia Militia'.

A lot of us were chuckling that the defense wing oughta be called the 'Colonia Marines', flying of course Colonia Vipers. Just for tongue in cheek references. :)

I wonder, might it be feasible to have some for getting two, three or four commander tags on a single body, or n number of single bodies with 2/3/4 on? Be a nice silly incentive for explorers to wing up ...

Definitely possible. What we need is a badge design and a written criteria.

We need a few things to make a badge.

Badge Design: (if there are multiple tiers we need badge designs for all tiers)
Category: (militia,social,exploration,industrial)
Number of tiers:
Description:
Short Description:
Criteria:

Description and short description can be the same but the short description has less characters available.

New Badges uploaded!

We have three new exploration badges that weren't ready for release and have since been released

[IMGUR]7XHVB[/IMGUR]

They're given for getting a POI accepted in the Galactic Mapping Project. (POI)

Fleshing out any of the approved POI with more data (POI Surveyer)

and finding POIs within 10 kylies of Jaques Station (Ranger)

Great stuff, I love it :D

One question though that is not covered:I applied for challenge batches that did not ask for proof but was only awarded the trivial non-challenge ones. Could you elaborate on how one provides proof for logging systems for the CNP for example to get the badge on Credly?

Thank you!

To answer the question for other commanders who might be wondering: different people award different badges,so it might sometimes take a while until you get all you claimed credit for.

We now have the criteria for the highest level of Militia Badge. Colonial Marine

Colonial Marine is an honorary rank and role within the colony militia forces and is awarded to militia members who gain 6 militia merits.

1 merit is awarded for every training exercise that is attended.
3 merits can be earned by militia members completing a tour of duty during Operation Guardian Angel.

Last edited:
To answer the question for other commanders who might be wondering: different people award different badges,so it might sometimes take a while until you get all you claimed credit for.

Great stuff, I love it :D

One question though that is not covered:I applied for challenge batches that did not ask for proof but was only awarded the trivial non-challenge ones. Could you elaborate on how one provides proof for logging systems for the CNP for example to get the badge on Credly?

Thank you!

Thank you. At the moment it seems that most folks who are approving badges will be going via the honour system. If there is someone who had illgotten a badge, it will be handled then, but we trust most of you are trustworthy folk.

One more question: For the badges like the "Industrial badge" do I count badges or badge tiers I have aquired to determine the Industrial badge tier?

Nuts, you named the defenders 'Colonia Militia'.

A lot of us were chuckling that the defense wing oughta be called the 'Colonia Marines', flying of course Colonia Vipers. Just for tongue in cheek references. :)

Real Colonial Marines don't fly no stinkin' vipers. They nuke the site from orbit (it's the only way to be sure) or dropship down to the surface.

Real Colonial Marines don't fly no stinkin' vipers. They nuke the site from orbit (it's the only way to be sure) or dropship down to the surface.

*cough* :eek:

Welcome to the CCN Colonial Marine patrol ship (complete with official paintjob).

yOsC2Jj.jpg

They'll be using dropships too (when FDV give them something better than a flimsy SRV to whack stuff with).

Nuking things from orbit?... maybe that'll come with season 4 :)

Top Bottom