Ceremonial Teabaggers

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
Ceremonial Teabaggers

teabc_medium.png

The Ceremonial Teabaggers are a group of altruistic Elite players. We are into cooperative gameplay, and especially like to push any rare trading Community Goals to the maximum. We like to have fun together, but also respect the needs of every single CMDR. Teabagging is never mandatory, there are no obligations, and the only rule is to have fun and respect the fun of others. We try to make the galaxy a better place for all CMDRs. We play in Mobius and Open. At the time of this post there are 55 members in our Squadron Ceremonial Teabaggers, from many timezones, although peak activity is during 18:00-0:00 Galaxy Time.

Our faction, the Teaka Elite Altruists Bagging Cooperative is based in Teaka. We have taken over all major stations in the system and expanded into another 36 adjacent ones, owning a total of 70 stations (12th of February 3306).

History of Teabagging
When the Cerberus plague of 3301 devastated dozens of systems throughout the galaxy, desperate research attempts were put in place to find a cure. Almost by sheer luck, Ceremonial tea from the Heike system was found to be the solution to the woes of countless worlds.
Ceremonial tea was brought in by thousands of volunteers from the Pilots Federation to the Bast system.. and the evil blight was ended shortly afterwards.
Though not before the plague had taken its toll - with the official records stating that over 100,000 people had lost their lives to the Cerberus plague.

In 3302, the Cerberus plague appeared once again - this time in more suspicious circumstances. Wilkes Orbital in the Nespeleve system had recently been the subject of much attention as the centre of a campaign to remove the Blue Hand Gang from the Orulas system. Many escape pods were recovered during the original campaign. The inhabitants of which included the recently reported missing Professor Ishmael Palin and his research team. Several of these individuals (including the Professor himself) were then found to be afflicted with a new strain of the Cerberus plague. Ceremonial Tea was found to be immediately effective as a cure so more supplies of it from Heike were requested.

The Pilots Federation responded well once again, with a particular group of pilots employing a collaborative technique which bordered on the edge of madness to the casual observer. These pilots were giving away tea to other pilots!

This was a technique first found whilst collecting rare goods from Hutton Orbital. Pilots would collect their allocation of rare goods and pass them on to a transporting vehicle - maximizing the amount of rare items they could contribute as a collective whole. However, due to where Hutton Orbital is located, not many pilots were able to make it there. Or were possibly too sane to attempt the journey!

During the Wilkes Orbital request for Ceremonial Tea, this technique was expanded upon and the amount of pilots involved made the event explode in a lot of fun moments and the beginning of some strong friendships between some very well-to-do people. A lot of rare goods were moved in a short time - and what was deemed to be a goal that would surely fail, was in-fact a great success.

From this moment, Teabagging was born. It's only got bigger since.

Why Teabagging?
Glad you asked:

Every rare has a maximum amount you can get. Leestian Evil Juice has a maximum allotment of 14t, so you will get a random amount (sometimes the amount is fixed for CGs) of Leestian Evil Juice, as long as you are below 14t (you will never get more than it would take you to get to 14). As long as you are not full, you will get a new allotment about once every 10 minutes.

So if a roundtrip to your goal takes longer than 10 minutes, than it is more efficient to add all the juice to the load of a single ship, which then gets it to the target. Alternatively it is possible to bank juice, so you can get your cargo full. So just get out of the station, 10km straight ahead out of the no-fire-zone (to avoid fines), look/ask who is getting loaded, and drop your juice. Or just wait to get loaded, there is no real line, whoever asks can get loaded. If you just want a bank, just ask. Warning: never drop to much Juice at once, if there are more than 20 cannisters in space, the older onces will start exploding!

No, seriously, why Teabagging?
Ok, ok, you got me there, the real reason to teabag is to hang around in front of a station, chat with friends and strangers alike, fool around, do some bluenosing, be friendly, be stupid, AND at the same time help to push the Community Goal to higher tiers than otherwise possible.

And why is it called Teabagging?
Because it all started during the last outbreak of a strain of the Cerberus plague in Nespeleve (Cerberus was an extremly dangerous plague that has caused many quarantined stations in the past, nearly getting out of control. After a tremendous combined effort of the so called ~700 Bast-erds, a cure was finally found: Heike Ceremonial Tea). At the beginning the tiers required looked impossible. But by combining our rares we were able to blow through the tiers and prevent another outbreak.

Do you even know what Teabagging means?
Yes. It means exactly what you want it to mean. We are aware of the implication it has in other games, but this is Elite: Dangerous. We blaze our own trail. Also, we like some innuendo, jokes in chat or teamspeak, and so a few tongue in cheek comments are to be expected.

Is there a catch?
Ah, a clever one. There is always a catch. You will find new friends, have a lot of fun, and get more people in the galaxy drunk.

I teabagged, where do I get my badge?
The badges can be found here in different sizes, if you need another one, send me a PM: http://craith.bplaced.net/elite/badges/
No, we won't police the use of the badge, it's a gentlemen's agreement to only wear one if you have taken part in a tea-party (Boston, Heike, Leesti, wherever ... not necessarily with tea either).

Sounds great, where do I join?
Just join our ingame Squadron, the Ceremonial Teabaggers, and optionally join our discord at: https://discord.gg/mvuvcaT or head over to our forums at http://teabaggers.bplaced.net (not very frequented lately, most things happen on discord nowadays)

Remember, fly responsibly, don't drink and fly, or at least make sure you have insurance!

Last edited:
Just to let you know the T.E.A. Baggers are expanding... Into Nisgayo, and a war is looming, anyone want to join in the fun, please feel free to pop by, we'll mostly be playing in Mobius

Sacra Oculus is always delighted to support the Tea Baggers (but not in Mobius - I mean guys / gals that is not good PR for you). The Tea Baggers are a good hauling trucking outfit and always ready to help with community goals. Their participating in freeing banned rare trade commodities is an act highly regarded by Sacra Oculus.

Dear Mr Jupp and all Baggers

Are there soon to be any more rare-goods liberation efforts, whether organised as a CG or as a group event? I enjoyed the last one, but it was a while back, plus I have been away for a while, hence the question.

And as an after-note - regarding the haters we get in the CG thread: At the time of someone's anti-Bagger post, I get annoyed and very sarcastic if I start to write things down, but afterwards thinking about it I find it quite amusing. So, a few of our members have been complaining at times who I have then recruited, as I took the time [and they the time to listen of course] to explain our mantra to them, as they had been misinformed and that. I just wanted to let you guys know that while I can be a massive at, I don't really like to upset people, unless they really are asking for it ;)

Cheers,
The Hat :)

PS:- It's been a long time since I did a text wall, so if you can see of and think a good answer to someone I can make a wall from, then let me know - I am always happy to help [or is it hinder?] :D Laters everyone o7

PPS:- Does anyone think we should start a new recruitment drive soon? I know we are comfortable in our expansion situations, but there would be no harm when an appropriate time arises, like a goo dCG we can get into and destabilise the outcome of ;)

Last edited:
Dear Mr Jupp and all Baggers

Are there soon to be any more rare-goods liberation efforts, whether organised as a CG or as a group event? I enjoyed the last one, but it was a while back, plus I have been away for a while, hence the question.

And as an after-note - regarding the haters we get in the CG thread: At the time of someone's anti-Bagger post, I get annoyed and very sarcastic if I start to write things down, but afterwards thinking about it I find it quite amusing. So, a few of our members have been complaining at times who I have then recruited, as I took the time [and they the time to listen of course] to explain our mantra to them, as they had been misinformed and that. I just wanted to let you guys know that while I can be a massive at, I don't really like to upset people, unless they really are asking for it ;)

Cheers,
The Hat :)

PS:- It's been a long time since I did a text wall, so if you can see of and think a good answer to someone I can make a wall from, then let me know - I am always happy to help [or is it hinder?] :D Laters everyone o7

PPS:- Does anyone think we should start a new recruitment drive soon? I know we are comfortable in our expansion situations, but there would be no harm when an appropriate time arises, like a goo dCG we can get into and destabilise the outcome of ;)

Yes. Contact our Priest, CMDR Limoncello Lizard who has an effort underway to liberate more rare trade commodities. He is NZ based.

_trent_

Volunteer Moderator
Huh? What does that mean?

It means ensuring the right minor faction which allows production of rare goods, remains in charge of the system where production is usually available. Changes to who controls the system can curtail production.

As mentioned above Limoncello Lizard is the driving force behind this initiative. As Teabaggers we benefit from having more rare goods in the game with which to 'teabag' and many of our members offer Limoncello Lizard support.

Most of the time this is moral support, but sometimes our support comes at the tip of a wing of corvettes. :)

All,

for some reason, the website has gone offline. Not sure if this is some serverside issue or something else.

EDIT: It appears to be back online. Move on, nothing to see here.

Last edited:

_trent_

Volunteer Moderator
With one of our systems being the target for Thargoid attack this week (24th - 31st May), we'd like to thank all friendly pilots who have been coming to defend Lusonda.

For those who are not aware of how to save systems from attack, go to the system that is under threat (in this case Lusonda) and drop into the Non-Human Signal Sources. Kill any thargoid scouts that you find (they're not tough and can be taken down with regular weapons). Hand in the bonds you get (10k each) to the combat bond contact at Lee Orbital in Lusonda.

Many thanks again to those taking part in the defence.

xEKHz27.png

Top Bottom