CG predictions...

With there being two things already on Thursday, skipping displaying the CG even if there is one would make sense.

Exploration CG to search for the Alexandria, perhaps?

Could be something around the Marlinist Colonies but most of the actual news around there seems to be BGS-related at the moment. (And certainly the implication of what's happened so far is that BGS events around there can affect the storyline)

... the actual news around there seems to be BGS-related at the moment. (And certainly the implication of what's happened so far is that BGS events around there can affect the storyline)
I'm glad TBH. My less traditionally-Imperial-affiliated alt is working with a PG around there to help the Marlinists re-establish control of their colonies. So far we have agreement with 2/3 to return control to a Marlinist faction with the 3rd (BLOP) mulling it over.

It's nice to see our actions are being recognised - although recognition brings its own hazards. I'm hoping there isn't a Marlinist CG because that could upset the BGS applecart we've been carefully righting over the last few weeks...

EDIT: I have to say it's nice that certain big factions (SSF, OMC for instance) are cognizant of the Lore in such as way as to gift these systems back to their "rightful" owners now someone is willing to put the work in on their behalf.

Last edited:
As rep for one of the PMFs currently holding a Marlinist system: I was curious to see if taking one over would draw an official response. I'm both surprised and pleased to see that it did.

Having gotten us into the lore (even as an un-named footnote, because Galnet hasn't yet named the PMFs involved), and now that the new colonies are established enough to look after themselves, we're happy to hand control back. :sneaky:

As rep for one of the PMFs currently holding a Marlinist system: I was curious to see if taking one over would draw an official response. I'm both surprised and pleased to see that it did.

Having gotten us into the lore (even as an un-named footnote, because Galnet hasn't yet named the PMFs involved), and now that the new colonies are established enough to look after themselves, we're happy to hand control back. :sneaky:
Indeed - I'm viewing it as a step in the right direction that the CM team is recognising player interactions in galnet focused regions. They did it (after the fact, but late is better than never) in the WHN so I hope that this is a continuing trend.

We've been trying to consolidate Marlinist control of their systems while minimising the INF of pro-terrorist NMLA supporting factions. This new Galnet article just means we have another faction to target. We will now likely find ourselves supporting a foreign PMF against that Marlinist faction in a war in HIP 22550. Quite what we'll do in Hyades Sector RO-P b6-2 where they're in an election against Neo-Marlinist Order of Mudhrid I'm not entirely sure. I guess they can't both lose... :p

Yes, Galnet seems to have been lacking in naming the specific actors in this case - maybe because they aren't fully aware of the machinations or perhaps they have further tricks up their sleeves - who knows... In any case, thanks again :)

I'm glad TBH. My less traditionally-Imperial-affiliated alt is working with a PG around there to help the Marlinists re-establish control of their colonies. So far we have agreement with 2/3 to return control to a Marlinist faction with the 3rd (BLOP) mulling it over.

It's nice to see our actions are being recognised - although recognition brings its own hazards. I'm hoping there isn't a Marlinist CG because that could upset the BGS applecart we've been carefully righting over the last few weeks...

EDIT: I have to say it's nice that certain big factions (SSF, OMC for instance) are cognizant of the Lore in such as way as to gift these systems back to their "rightful" owners now someone is willing to put the work in on their behalf.
Why are people going along with a railroaded narrative? I'd rather watch all their plans burn to see how Fdev react, lol.

Why are people going along with a railroaded narrative? I'd rather watch all their plans burn to see how Fdev react, lol.
"Railroaded narrative" would be if they hand-of-god'd control back to the Marlinists in some way.

What they're doing here is using Galnet to try and sic CMDRs into piling in on one side or the other, and sitting back to see what happens. So let's not give them the war they seem to be provoking - the Marlinist communities have suffered enough already, don't you think? - and arrange for a peaceful transfer of power instead.

"Railroaded narrative" would be if they hand-of-god'd control back to the Marlinists in some way.

What they're doing here is using Galnet to try and sic CMDRs into piling in on one side or the other, and sitting back to see what happens. So let's not give them the war they seem to be provoking - the Marlinist communities have suffered enough already, don't you think? - and arrange for a peaceful transfer of power instead.
They only drew attention to it becuase it was going against their precious narrative. If we had just left them alone, I doubt there would be any articles about it. Also, I get the feeling that if we kept trying to kick them out, we then would be 'Hand of God'd'.

They only drew attention to it becuase it was going against their precious narrative. If we had just left them alone, I doubt there would be any articles about it. Also, I get the feeling that if we kept trying to kick them out, we then would be 'Hand of God'd'.
Frontier could easily have put the Marlinist colonies just a few more LY out and made them inaccessible to expansions if they wanted to railroad it. Acknowledging player-caused changes is the one thing you don't do if you want to railroad it. It doesn't have any significance until Frontier choose to give it some through GalNet.

For example, Aegis's annihilation in the Pleiades hasn't caused them any problems when it comes to running CGs there. Frontier have not acknowledged the changes. That's all they need to do if they want to railroad something.

Frontier could easily have put the Marlinist colonies just a few more LY out and made them inaccessible to expansions if they wanted to railroad it. Acknowledging player-caused changes is the one thing you don't do if you want to railroad it. It doesn't have any significance until Frontier choose to give it some through GalNet.

For example, Aegis's annihilation in the Pleiades hasn't caused them any problems when it comes to running CGs there. Frontier have not acknowledged the changes. That's all they need to do if they want to railroad something.
You act as if Fdev know what they are doing, lol. They were probably just getting desperate. And lack of Marlinist Colonies is a lot harder to ignore.

I believe that was attempted, got them to 2.3% for a few consecutive ticks iirc. Either there's something in place to prevent a retreat or their home system was updated.
So it was. Interesting.

Home system would be checkable by aligning a disposable squadron to it ... or by pushing them down marginally further in Muhdrid, of course.

Would make sense that a faction with an uncontestable asset was immune to Retreat separately, of course.

Retreating the Muhdrid faction might be an interesting option for BGS prodding. I wonder what'd happen to the megaship ownership in that case.
We've been trying. Watch this space. :)

"That's quite a nice megaship you have there.."

EDIT: Yes, it seems that they are (currently) un-retreatable. It does sound like they're being preserved "for plot" so we'll see what happens.

This is one of the times that FDev have acknowledged player action outside of CGs via Galnet.

Of course if they want to railroad activity then I'm sure they can easily tip the scales in their favour with a bit of behind the scenes manipulation without anyone being too much the wiser.

I personally hope FDev realises that there's player action happening in the area and they do a "Nova" rather than a "Jupiter".

This is one of the times that FDev have acknowledged player action outside of CGs via Galnet.

Of course if they want to railroad activity then I'm sure they can easily tip the scales in their favour with a bit of behind the scenes manipulation without anyone being too much the wiser.

I personally hope FDev realises that there's player action happening in the area and they do a "Nova" rather than a "Jupiter".

Hey I'm grateful FDEV noticed all the people pushing Jupiter Division, even if we're so badly outnumbered as a whole. It was a fun 4 months worth of events for us.

Back
Top Bottom