CG rewards

Hmmm, no change in WH Thargoid traffic at all despite the CG.
How about some AXCZs and we all go and get guardian stuff from guardianville because it doesn't take long?
😉

Or a CG to gradually remove the stupid 4 weapon limit on AX weapons?

Yes please. I get it's there to create an artificial challenge but flying a Vette with such undersized weapons seems wrong.

Either remove cap for allow engineering so scrubs like me can progress from Cyclops' onto something a little meatier.

I hear Basilisks taste like fried chicken but haven't been able to best one to confirm this yet 😉

Deleted member 182079

D
Yes please. I get it's there to create an artificial challenge but flying a Vette with such undersized weapons seems wrong.

Either remove cap for allow engineering so scrubs like me can progress from Cyclops' onto something a little meatier.

I hear Basilisks taste like fried chicken but haven't been able to best one to confirm this yet 😉
Honestly, while I'm aware that soloing even Hydras is possible with sufficient tenacity/practice, anything above Cyclopses are currently out of bounds for me simply because I have little appetite to jump through the hoops of attempting them... tried a Basilisk a few times now and failed quite badly, but after having watched a tutorial the overall approach is largely the same, it just takes longer because they take more damage, have more hearts, bigger swarms and are more devastating if you make mistakes (my Gauss aim is still atrocious when it comes to sniping the hearts). It also relies on synthing a fair amount of heatsink ammo, something I don't really want to waste mats on.

I also understand that the higher tier Interceptors are supposed to be MP content, but honestly I'd love to give them a go as part of a skill progression over time but not at the current 'price' as mentioned above; and it's not that instagibbing flower ships via a wing or two isn't already a thing anyways, so may as well make it more accessible to players like myself who prefer to do these things on their own.

PS - I should probably clarify that Basilisks are very much doable with the current limitations (heatsink synthing notwithstanding) - it's just my aiming skills that are the weakest link (and patience).

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 182079

D
That could actually make the purpose-designed anti-Thargoid T10 somewhat useful against Thargoids.
Exactly. Currently there's little point in using ships with more than 5 hardpoints to go AX hunting. It just feels like such a waste of them, and those advanced multi AX weapons are a joke and as such no real substitute (unless you run a mats hack for unlimited supply).

The technology isn't fully compatible with the ships systems and tying in more than four weapons would cause a floodrangle-flip in the snarphlotron backhanzle units revergeration modules.

ok so nothing official that would hinder the removal of the limit ?
just wondering as I'm still thinking the current thargoid story is going to bring something new/bigger and tougher
if that's the case maybe there'll be a reason to open it all up

Top Bottom