News Changes Coming to Multi-crew

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for all your feedback across the forums and on social media. We always appreciate your continued passion and support.

We wanted to let you know about some changes that will be coming to Multi-crew.

Two of the changes will be coming as part of a server-side update coming in the next few working days and one other change will arrive as part of the 2.3.1 update.

It’s important to note that the 2.3.1 update isn’t the same as the 2.3.01 update. The 2.3.01 update mentioned here highlights a number of bug fixes that the team have identified and will be making its way in the coming weeks. The 2.3.1 update will include a significant multi-crew update to improve the helms crew mate management and will be coming a series of weeks after 2.3.01. We’ll have more details on the exact dates as development continues.

We’ve got three changes that we’re looking to implement for Multi-Crew.

1 - Pay-out increase (server-side update in the next few working days)

We are tweaking the pay-out reward scheme for Multi-crew. We will be significantly increasing the pay-out for almost all ranks of crew members. It’s easiest to show this in table form that you can see below. The first table shows what the current pay-out scheme is, and the second shows what we’re going to change it to.

View attachment 118831

2 – Rebuy cost reduction (server-side update in the next few working days)

In addition to the changes above, we’re also improving the rebuy reduction for players hosting Multi-crew sessions in their ships. Currently Helm’s rebuy cost is reduced by 25% per crew member on board. We are increasing this pay-out reduction to 30% meaning a fully crewed ship will have its rebuy cost reduced by over half.

3 – Helm safety measures (2.3.1 update coming later)

We’ve been actively listening to feedback from the community and one thing we’ve seen is a number of requests for greater protection for hosts of Multi-crew sessions and improved safety measures. That’s why we’re going to be introducing two new function controls for the role of Helm. The first change will allow Helm to toggle limited access for the Gunner role. When toggled on the Gunner will only be able to use weapons, not utilities (such as shield cells), and only Helm will be able to deploy and retract the ship’s hardpoints. When toggled off the Gunner will have full access as they do now.

The other change will allow Helm to toggle the availability of the Fighter Con role – this will stop people launching fighters until Helm turns the toggle off.

We’d like to take this moment to thank you for your continued support and patience. The development team are working hard to bring the imminent server side update, the 2.3.01 bug fixes and the 2.3.1 point update to Commanders.

Last edited:
Seems nice and fair, thanks for the info.

As money isn't a problem for me, I can't really tell about the new payouts. But it's always nice to earn more :D

The functions controls for the helm are very welcome and I think were needed.

Last edited:
Can't wait to read the posts about how rubbish this is, and how's it's too little too late. Maybe some reference to CQC or powerplay.

p.s. Thanks for the continued work.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Looks all good there, thanks a lot for even more information and the speed of the changes.

Cheers Ed and the team

Brilliant to see FDEV actually taking some notice of the community and their plight, multicrew like PP has polarised the community somewhat and adjustments to balance everything better will make the game much more playable and approachable for all those that wished to try it.

Let me get this straight: being a deadly helmsman, then my harmless NPC crew member gets 80%? Nice one! ... Oh, wait ... ;) :D

The payout scale is pretty much what I've been advocating for in the relative cover of the Xbox forum :p

I think it is a sensible improvement, though I think the cap is a little on the high end.

EDIT: Also, on the gunner role, is the decision to toggle all utils one of design simplicity sake or is there a road block in the coding of it? I had hoped to have specific control over utils, such as letting gunner use all of them except SCBs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom