Changing weather and time of day removed?

In beta we could change the weather and time of day by clicking on the time in the bottom right corner. Now clicking on that does nothing. I've tried in career and franchise mode.

If it's been removed this is a real shame. It makes it so much harder to set up good screenshots, which is one of my main reasons for playing. Someone on reddit said the option is still there in sandbox, but I want to play in franchise mode. I don't see why removing it in franchise would have any benefit, only downsides.

Because Franchise is essentially a challenge mode, and weather effects are a challenge; you shouldn't be able to turn them on and off whenever you feel like it - *especially" off.

Snow and rain will make animals cold and miserable and that adds management to the game and ensuring you're actually taking care of your animals by building proper shelters.

That would be why. To me it makes sense you can only change things in sandbox.

We could in beta though. I'm especially confused about not being able to change time of day. That has no effect on anything, and it still continues to cycle even if you change it.

I'm not going to be one of 'those people' who starts getting angry online over something as small as this, but I'm quite surprised how disappointed I am after enjoying that feature so much in the beta - it really did make it for me (since taking screenshots is my thing).

It was in beta because we didn't have sandbox in beta and they wanted to show the feature off.

You can control the day/night cycle with the opening hours of your zoo.

I can't change the time of day for a screenshot. Like, if an animal is doing the perfect thing in the perfect place and I want to capture it, but the sun is right behind it casting that godawful lens glare, I can't nudge the sun round. It's a real shame.

I can't change the time of day for a screenshot. Like, if an animal is doing the perfect thing in the perfect place and I want to capture it, but the sun is right behind it casting that godawful lens glare, I can't nudge the sun round. It's a real shame.
Yes you can, go into your Zoo Overview & you can change the time of day with the sliders. It's not as specific as Planet Coaster but it does what you're looking for.

edit: nevermind...You mean moving the actual sun itself? Then yea, can't do that even in Sandbox :p I do like that idea though! I get terrible sun reflection on the glass in my Lemur House & being able to move the sun for a photo would be helpful.

Last edited:
You can't in sandbox even? Why on earth did they take that out? In the beta we could click on the time in the bottom corner and it brought up a weather and time of day panel. We could choose the weather (or keep it on the regular cycle), and we could use a slider to change the time of day. Time would still pass as normal, so it would still keep the zoo opening and closing hours, and it would still pass through sunrise, daytime, sunset, and night, but we could adjust where in that cycle we were whenever we wanted. I wouldn't have been able to take half the screenshots I did in beta without that feature. If it's gone in sandbox too, that's really, really odd.

I misread what you meant about moving the sun, I thought you meant moving it around anywhere you wanted in any NSEW direction.

They took it out of Franchise because it's cheat-y to be able to control the climate. You can still change the time of day in the Zoo Overview in Franchise, I wouldn't worry too much about the "close/open" label, it won't effect your zoo. But yeah, maybe they could at least have that option from BETA for just the time of day so you're not limited to the sliders in the Zoo Overview? From my experience time of day has no effect on your zoo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom