Cheat found and a bug that affect PvP

this type of lag happens even without the fighter, Usually see it with big ships (likely why people think it's the fighter). But most cutters/vettes out in the open are laggy this way after a bit of time in combat.

Nope, not like the guy I was hinting about in my post.
And no, it's not normal to have a ship of any size jumping around a 300-500m each time you try to line up a shot.
Anyways, let's not derail the thread.

The Replicated Man

T
It's a known bug an apparently patched with the January update, but it wasn't fixed sadly. I have a fibre connection with average speeds of 350mb Upload/Download and still am affected the same way back when I was on DSL and had 1 mb Upload/Download.

It's sad because some builds require fighters in order to work correctly, and fighters are fun to use. I hope FDEV actually patch this soon.

The default max upload rate for the game client itself is 250kbps and it's rare to need more download than that. More than a megabit of reliable bandwidth won't do much, in and of itself.

I've noticed significant improvements in fighter lag since I started playing again. Still not sure it's back to "normal" (pre-3.3 quality), as other issues significantly confuse exactly what's going on, but I have had multiple extended tests featuring protracted NPC fighter use by multiple CMDRs in the same instance without issues.

Top Bottom