Chloe

Trouble is, even if we rank her up to G5 FSDs, Neither Martuuk or Farseer offer anything especially good except FSD mod's, so they're always going to be the best engineer to pin FSD mod's from.
Remind me which of those have a shipyard at their base, I forget 🤔 ;)

Remind me which of those have a shipyard at their base, I forget 🤔;)

You understand I was talking about the relative usefulness of pinning blueprints from different engineers, right?

There's not much point in ranking up 16 to provide G5 FSD blueprints 'cos that'd only serve to free up Martuuk and Farseer - both of whom don't supply much aside from FSD blueprints.
Course, if you've pinned an FSD blueprint from Mel Brandon it might be useful to pin it from 16 instead but I doubt many people are bonkers enough to have done that.

So she's into prayer wheels as well, I assume
cZlAaz6l.jpg

You understand I was talking about the relative usefulness of pinning blueprints from different engineers, right?
Yup - but I was calling out that having her G5'd on Thrusters and FSD and having a shipyard makes her useful for people who engineer multiple ships at the same time. WHich is another aspect of engineering where people often complain about 'how do I get my *Ly range 'vette to an engineer?'. The (somewhat counterintuitive) answer may now be 'ship it out to WItch Head 🤷‍♀️

Yup - but I was calling out that having her G5'd on Thrusters and FSD and having a shipyard makes her useful for people who engineer multiple ships at the same time. WHich is another aspect of engineering where people often complain about 'how do I get my *Ly range 'vette to an engineer?'. The (somewhat counterintuitive) answer may now be 'ship it out to WItch Head 🤷‍♀️

It's a helluva way to transfer a bunch of ships, though, innit?

Oddly enough, I've recently spent quite a bit of time engineering multiple ships at the same time and getting FSDs engineered by Farseer is kind of a PITA 'cos Garay Terminal is a fair distance away but I'm not sure it's enough of a PITA that I'd want to transfer all my ships to the Witch Head Nebula to save 5 minutes of travel-time with each one.

Course, going back to the whole remote-engineering thing, your best best would probably be to just remote-engineer your multiple ships and then transfer them to Palin's new base, which also has a shipyard, to apply any XFX. ;)

Last edited:
You don't need G5 access for an Engineer that only provides G1 mods at this time.

She also takes exploration data and about 4 million cr worth is G5.

Well, actually it's useful to get her to G5.
You can pin a blueprint and you don't need to ever visit her again since your pinned blueprint will level with her engineering ability.

Edit: not to mention that those rolls will add up to her research points pool.

Considering that since introduced as a character, Palin has been kidnapped, attacked by Thargoids, embargoed by the Federation, attacked by Thargoids, etc. ... yeah, you probably want a backup engineer, unless you're planning to move to Colonia.

Ok .. :) I've got quite a bit sensor fragment left (collected full 100).. gave Palin 25.

Hmmm....

Trouble is, even if we rank her up to G5 FSDs, Neither Martuuk or Farseer offer anything especially good except FSD mod's, so they're always going to be the best engineer to pin FSD mod's from.

I guess at least that means there's not much point putting a lot of effort into ranking up 16's FSD mod's. :unsure:
To be fair, fastboot, shielded and increase range all have their place, at-least in pvp. While I do think its incredibly lazy what they did with chloe, I will be using her once she gets to g5 fsd.

Well, actually it's useful to get her to G5.
You can pin a blueprint and you don't need to ever visit her again since your pinned blueprint will level with her engineering ability.

Edit: not to mention that those rolls will add up to her research points pool.
I'm just wondering... Can I pin dirty-drive with Palin and clean-drive with Chloe, and thus have access to both of them all the time?

She looks.....human. For this game, that's not normal.

She's clearly a Thargoid Agent. Don't be fooled by that smile, or the engineered tech she offers. Underneath that warm summer's smile is a devious mind, working on the most efficent way to make humanity bend the knee.

:alien:
This is what they call 'taking a Thargoid to the knee'?

The one I wish they'd clone would be Didi Vatermann. Would like to not waste Mel Brandon on anything but SCB since he's the only G4 guy for that. Would be a lifesaver to have multiple G5 shield booster types pinned. Guess I'll have to collect double the fragments on my 5k trek ~sigh

Top Bottom