Ships Federal Corvette Class 3 slot.....

So my shiny new 'Vette is almost ready to do the rounds at the engineers, but that class 3 weapon slot is giving me a headache as to what to put there.

My loadout so far is as follows:

2x C4 MCs

2x C2 Beams

2x C1 Beams (turrets)

This is for PVE only btw.

a beam turret
or a gimbaled overcharged multicannon with corrosive - assuming you have unlocked engineers

edit: my pve cz chaining corvette has 1 C4 overcharged corrosive MC, rest lazors (gimbaled beam c4, turret c3 + c2, turret bursts in C1 - for experimentals)

My plan is for one of the big MCs to go corrosive, the other Autoloader.

Yeah, been eyeing the PAs as a finisher. What would the best mods be for that?

I went with Beam Taipans, I don't know anything about SLFs really.

No thoughts on the large hardpoint but I can offer a suggestion on the SLF. Gu-97 Gelid F variant. It's stylish, fast, agile, good DPS, smallest hit profile and has heat sinks. The Corvette looks a little like a star destroyer. Why not fly elites equivalent of a TIE fighter?

the only GU that i found to be worthy was the one with fixed pulses and PDT - but since i run a vette with plenty of lazors, i prefer the fixed mc f63

a beam turret
or a gimbaled overcharged multicannon with corrosive - assuming you have unlocked engineers

edit: my pve cz chaining corvette has 1 C4 overcharged corrosive MC, rest lazors (gimbaled beam c4, turret c3 + c2, turret bursts in C1 - for experimentals)

I'm at 78% Post-Captain and am planning to get a Corvette for HazRez material farming. Currently my plan is to use two huge fixed (efficient) beams and the rest gimballed beams with a small MC to apply the corrosive effect once the NPC shields are down.

A couple of questions:

How viable do you think the huge fixed beams are? I have no idea how agile a corvette is but i'm going to be mainly targeting big slow ships so I can't see it being an issue.

I went with mainly beams so that I wasn't limited by ammo and am hoping they'll do ok against hulls (once the corrosive is doing its thing). Again not sure how viable that is in reality.

I'm at 78% Post-Captain and am planning to get a Corvette for HazRez material farming. Currently my plan is to use two huge fixed (efficient) beams and the rest gimballed beams with a small MC to apply the corrosive effect once the NPC shields are down.

A couple of questions:

How viable do you think the huge fixed beams are? I have no idea how agile a corvette is but i'm going to be mainly targeting big slow ships so I can't see it being an issue.

I went with mainly beams so that I wasn't limited by ammo and am hoping they'll do ok against hulls (once the corrosive is doing its thing). Again not sure how viable that is in reality.

Beams are doing damage by second - so they're very reliant on high time on target. If you can keep them on the target, you are good.
I pretty much prefer the convenience of gimbals, but i do have a gunship running 4x g5 focused medium fixed burst lasers - but they do damage by the shot and are easier for me to hit with than to keep beams on target.

Corvette is very agile, but not with 0 pips in Engines, and with a full beams setup you dont have much room to maneuver PIPs

Beams are doing damage by second - so they're very reliant on high time on target. If you can keep them on the target, you are good.
I pretty much prefer the convenience of gimbals, but i do have a gunship running 4x g5 focused medium fixed burst lasers - but they do damage by the shot and are easier for me to hit with than to keep beams on target.

Corvette is very agile, but not with 0 pips in Engines, and with a full beams setup you dont have much room to maneuver PIPs

Hmmmm, I do tend to fly with 0 pips to engines. Pip management is a ball ache on Xbox and I do get a bit lazy (I'd get my handed to me in PvP).

I'll have to have a play around with it once the engines are fully engineered to see what I think I can get away with. Cheers

I have the same difficulty regarding the c3 slot.

Several options:

- frag turret (I have a feeling that thing doesn't shoot very often though)

- if using fixed, multicannons and a speedlinked (focused 4 iirc or long range 3) Advanced Plasma Accelerator works

- three PAs in the huge and large also work nice

- Lastly, a seeker missile rack is never wrong

For me the triple PA loadout in the second video works best.

edit: duh, PvE I'd use two fixed huge efficient beams and the rest gimballed multicannons.

The location of the size 3 slot is terrible. I use a long range thermal vent beam to tag enemies. Or finish off a ship thats trying to flee. On the small hardpoints i use multi turret with high cap and corrosive shell to soften them up. The two medium slot are efficient beam turrets for time on target. C4 slots i use two efficient plasmas for some big boom.

Last edited:
Pve doesn't matter much what you use.
There is no meta, everything works.
No one uses the build I use and that's ok. I never follow the crowd.

Top Bottom