[CLOSED] EDDB - a site about systems, stations, commodities and trade routes in Elite: Dangerous.

Credits are pretty easy to come by.

Passenger runs are better for getting rep with local factions and getting materials.

But I watch Inara trade dat and do some trading when I spot opportunities to net 25 - 30 Mil per round trip.

No - they don't last very long but it's a nice change of pace and fills the coffers pretty quickly.

Even one lousy paying run pays the FC maintenance for more than a week.

I just would like to mention that all 3rd party tools, so EDDB (when it was live), Inara, EDSM, Spansh, etc. are all using the player data for the markets. There is no other way.
On that principle, all the data are accurate only at the time of the update and it's up to the players to evaluate the information provided (like the time of the update). If you will make your own local database (or make notes on a piece of paper), you will face the exactly same problem - you will have the data accurate only at the time of your update. The more players will be providing the data to 3rd parties via tools like EDMC, EDDiscovery, EDDI and similar the more frequently updated data will be all the sites providing.

By the way, Inara is regularly providing routes with 20-30k profit per unit and it's something like a standard range, the opportunities with 30k+ or 40k+ per unit aren't so uncommon as well, so having the route with only 15k profit was very likely caused by too much restrictive search conditions (or it was just a very bad time temporarily and there weren't good known trades in the galaxy in general, it may happen). But of course, there is also possible to find nice trades via in-game tools, it's just a matter of the knowledge and effort, so whatever commander prefers and is perceived as an easier way. :)

Last edited:
If you will make your own local database (or make notes on a piece of paper), you will face the exactly same problem - you will have the data accurate only at the time of your update. The more players will be providing the data to 3rd parties via tools like EDMC, EDDiscovery, EDDI and similar the more frequently updated data will be all the sites providing.
... which is why, personally, i don't record individual data points. Rather, i learn the rules of how the markets function, since they don't change. Throw in knowledge of gathering market info in game without having to go to every station, and you've got an accurate picture in realtime.

No shade against these tools and what they do, i just think users of them overstate the idea that they can use them to find "the best trades" as opposed to "the best trades given a limited subset of data".

Top Bottom