Ships CMDRS!! Hear my call!

Someone drop the hottest Corvette build for PVE? Thank you! Needs to rock the out of anything it sees...

This is what I've got:
Mediator

It's a bit power hungry (basically KWS or SCB/AMFU) and I need to get the armour experimental sorted out, and go either bi-weave or prismatics for the shield. On the other hand, this dominates HazRes and can more than hold its own in CZs.

This is what I've got:
Mediator

It's a bit power hungry (basically KWS or SCB/AMFU) and I need to get the armour experimental sorted out, and go either bi-weave or prismatics for the shield. On the other hand, this dominates HazRes and can more than hold its own in CZs.
I hope so, But in past 3 sites I've had my shields dropped and had to run. Not what i want to do haha

Any tips?

You could use this as a starting point.

Resting heat of 46.5, but i'm sure that would go up quickly once you start firing all those beam lasers! Stick some SCBs on board and let them rip for extra heat generation.

Really depends on what the target is, for example if it's HazRES opponents I'd use this (fast recharge high resistance shields, beams for up to medium ships add the frags for large targets)

Pirate threat targets either https://s.orbis.zone/gt0i (fixed beam + MC to combat the bucket loads of chaff!) or https://s.orbis.zone/gt0m (gimballed beam and turreted frags (the frags will only fire at optimum range))

For CZ's a Corvette will be perceived as the highest threat and can be mobbed by the enemy ships so pick targets that are alone or in pairs, TBH I use a Krait mk2 for CZ's as it's got the speed and boost cycle efficiency to disengage if things get a little hot! ;)

Really depends on what the target is, for example if it's HazRES opponents I'd use this (fast recharge high resistance shields, beams for up to medium ships add the frags for large targets)

Pirate threat targets either https://s.orbis.zone/gt0i (fixed beam + MC to combat the bucket loads of chaff!) or https://s.orbis.zone/gt0m (gimballed beam and turreted frags (the frags will only fire at optimum range))

For CZ's a Corvette will be perceived as the highest threat and can be mobbed by the enemy ships so pick targets that are alone or in pairs, TBH I use a Krait mk2 for CZ's as it's got the speed and boost cycle efficiency to disengage if things get a little hot! ;)
IMHO, that looks very unoptimised for Haz RES. The shields are unbalanced and weak. It doesn't make sense to use SCBs with biweave shields, when if you had strong shields in the first place, you'd never need them. Also, the HRPs are a waste of space. If you strengthened the shields, you wouldn't need them and you'd have a much more relaxing battle, like "I win" because the NPCs can't harm you. Chaff is for Sidewinders, not Corvettes! Finally, you have no KWS, so you're giving away 25% of your bounty money.

A Corvette is fine for CZs if you fit prismatics and SCBs. You can wade into the special ops and take them out first. If you fit a heatsink launcher to your build, you can fire two SCBs per heatsink to fully charge strong shields. This is something like what I use for CZs, which has 4 times the thermal shield resistance and twice the kinetic resistance of yours. It would be equivalent to having an automatic replacement ship. Imagine when the shields went down, you get a replacement with fully charged shields. That's the difference.

This is a good Corvette for haz RES. It has effectively more than double the shields strength of yours and I would bet that it can earn bounty money at somewhere around double the rate of yours.

I hope you see this as constructive criticism rather than some smartrrs trying to get one over you. I spent a lot of time testing different builds in order to help people do better themselves. I'm only trying to pass on what I found out. I'm not a politician. I just say what I see.

Last edited:
I use this for relaxed fights. For heavier fights like combat zones / pirates-7 I change KWS to additional shield booster and collector limpets to additional guardian modules reinforcement.
In pirate-7 can sit forever, once shield recharge is depleted it will need about 5 minutes between fights of regen pause (smoke break). Does not care if shields are up or down too much. Can use AMFU instead collectors as well, depends on how long you want be out of dock.

EDSY Link with engies.

Last edited:
Yes.

What's bad about my build?
Why has it got HRPs. When did it ever use the point defence? Fuel scoop on a combat ship? If you need one to get to the system you want to fight in, change it at the station before going into battle.

Basically, it's neither a hull tank nor a shield tank, so both are compromised. For NPCs, strong fast charge shields will never go down in a Corvette, so HRPs and SCBs are a complete waste and unnecessary complication. To me, the point defence gives it away that something isn't right, as it only does anything useful against NPCs when your shields are down. A Corvette is a very strong ship, so it can do well even with a bad load out. I get it that some people think that it's more fun if there's a chance that your ship gets blown up, but OP didn't say he likes living on the edge and he has no experience of fighting in one, so he's likely to get in trouble in a one with only 5000Mj thermal resistance, which is what a good Python has.

Try this and see if it's any better. It has double the shields of yours:

Why has it got HRPs. When did it ever use the point defence? Fuel scoop on a combat ship? If you need one to get to the system you want to fight in, change it at the station before going into battle.

Basically, it's neither a hull tank nor a shield tank, so both are compromised. For NPCs, strong fast charge shields will never go down in a Corvette, so HRPs and SCBs are a complete waste and unnecessary complication. To me, the point defence gives it away that something isn't right, as it only does anything useful against NPCs when your shields are down. A Corvette is a very strong ship, so it can do well even with a bad load out. I get it that some people think that it's more fun if there's a chance that your ship gets blown up, but OP didn't say he likes living on the edge and he has no experience of fighting in one, so he's likely to get in trouble in a one with only 5000Mj thermal resistance, which is what a good Python has.

Try this and see if it's any better. It has double the shields of yours:
Your points are somewhat true, but I play in open. Your shield gets reverb'd and you won't be able to leave the Rez before your paper hull blows up. And PD is against groms.

For a PG/solo build I concede all your points, but not for an open build ;)

IMHO, that looks very unoptimised for Haz RES. The shields are unbalanced and weak. It doesn't make sense to use SCBs with biweave shields, when if you had strong shields in the first place, you'd never need them. Also, the HRPs are a waste of space. If you strengthened the shields, you wouldn't need them and you'd have a much more relaxing battle, like "I win" because the NPCs can't harm you. Chaff is for Sidewinders, not Corvettes! Finally, you have no KWS, so you're giving away 25% of your bounty money.

A Corvette is fine for CZs if you fit prismatics and SCBs. You can wade into the special ops and take them out first. If you fit a heatsink launcher to your build, you can fire two SCBs per heatsink to fully charge strong shields. This is something like what I use for CZs, which has 4 times the thermal shield resistance and twice the kinetic resistance of yours. It would be equivalent to having an automatic replacement ship. Imagine when the shields went down, you get a replacement with fully charged shields. That's the difference.

This is a good Corvette for haz RES. It has effectively more than double the shields strength of yours and I would bet that it can earn bounty money at somewhere around double the rate of yours.

I hope you see this as constructive criticism rather than some smartrrs trying to get one over you. I spent a lot of time testing different builds in order to help people do better themselves. I'm only trying to pass on what I found out. I'm not a politician. I just say what I see.
The Vette builds with SCB's I put together for a wingmate I don't use them on any of my ships, although in fact if you're going to use them they have a much greater impact on lower strength high resistance/fast charge shielding than ultra high capacity Prismatics.

TBH I don't think there is a "wrong" shield build (assuming its not total garbage ;)) it's down to what suits your combat style and how much effort you want to put into it, even though I have several Corvettes (and Condas and Cutters and T10....) I hardly use them as I prefer medium ships like the Kraits/Challengers/Chieftains.

This is what I normally use for Pirate threats https://s.orbis.zone/gt9t it'll take a little longer to kill the engineered Condas but I like to work for a living (in game at least! ;))

Something like this would be fine for a HazRES https://s.orbis.zone/gt9v

#schooled (y)
I mean, it's all valid points, depending on the use.
I could tweak it a bit for combat, but the survivability is only marginally increased by swapping the scoop & fsd booster to shield reinforcements.
But it would only reach 13 ly then due to the shielded FSD. Going away from an armored pp is nonono too, if I'd go full expected combat I'd propably switch the collector + cargo for MRPs and the autodock to a HRP.

But I'm lazy, and the base build is sufficient.

That's why I love the game, thinking about builds, building and testing them is great :)

I mean, it's all valid points, depending on the use.
I could tweak it a bit for combat, but the survivability is only marginally increased by swapping the scoop & fsd booster to shield reinforcements.
But it would only reach 13 ly then due to the shielded FSD. Going away from an armored pp is nonono too, if I'd go full expected combat I'd propably switch the collector + cargo for MRPs and the autodock to a HRP.

But I'm lazy, and the base build is sufficient.

That's why I love the game, thinking about builds, building and testing them is great :)
That make sense, but OP did say PvE.

Top Bottom