CMDRS WANTED - DSSA Fleet Carrier Deployment

Can we carry more than one ship per CMDR?

Yes, Martin. As many ships and as many spare modules as you like. Just transfer them to the carrier before we leave the Bubble or it will become expensive. I am encouraging people to fit primarily for scouting/exploration and mining. Secondary fits include cargo hauling and rescue op (repair and fuel limpets). I'm planning to bring about a half dozen ships with various fitting options.

Just filled out the form. Looking forward to being a part of this expedition!

Welcome aboard, Kylemcgriffin! I'll check your form info and send you a discord invitation shortly.

Recruiting is going well. One more CMDR on the expedition and we can officially list in EDSM, too.

By way of update, the long carrier grind is done, got credits set aside for modules and am spending the next few days mining LTDs for a year’s worth of upkeep. The remaining weeks up to deployment will be spent getting everyone into the ships they want, spare modules for storage in the FC and rounding things out with engineering.

If you are new to exploration, mining or extended expeditions, this is a great time to sign up and start getting prepared. If you’re an experienced player, it’s a good time to get to know your fellow expedition members and lend a hand getting them fitted and ready to go. Everyone is welcome!

Hanging out with a bunch of relaxed people in the cold abyss of deep space for a good cause? Sounds like an excellent expedition. I've filled out the form, hope I can join y'all on the Callisto.

Filled out the form. If accepted this will be my first group activity since joining the E: D community. Eager to go back to the northern Archadian Stream region.

Last edited:
Hanging out with a bunch of relaxed people in the cold abyss of deep space for a good cause? Sounds like an excellent expedition. I've filled out the form, hope I can join y'all on the Callisto.

Welcome, Fiona! I sent you a Discord link separately. Look forward to seeing you out in the black.

Filled out the form. If accepted this will be my first group activity since joining the E: D community. Eager to go back to the northern Archadian Stream region.

Got your entry, NathanEx. Welcome to the Callisto! I've sent you a Discord invite, as well. Thanks!

I'm looking forward to the deployment of these specialized fleet carriers. I wanted my own FC for deep space exploration, but I just can't afford one, nor do I really need one if there's a dedicated one "near" by. With nothing else much to do between now and June, I'm strongly considering heading out into a deep region of space that I haven't been to since my PS4 days, to continue casually exploring where I left off. I hope to meet one of these fleet carriers "out there" in June or July. Since I've not participated in the betas and will be outside the bubble when FCs launch, your DSSA carrier will be my first experience with FCs! I'll make sure to cash in lots of UC data for the owner's bank (in Solo, of course).

I've signed up my second commander, Buds McKenzie. Your sign up page would not let me put the full discord ID in, as it only would accept a number. You can find me at the ED Discovery Discord (Robby) or PM me if you need further details.

Hi Robby,

Yeah, I clicked something wrong updating that field and it started only accepting numbers. It's fixed now. Will look you up in ED Discovery Discord, though, so you don't have to re-submit.

Best,
Gnauty

Big kudos to EDastro guys, they have already added the option for DSSA-carriers! Well - just not forget to send Callisto coordinates for EDastro too, as soon as we find beautiful place for her. ;) (Or will it arranged from EDastro automatically)?
DSSA.jpg
)

Big kudos to EDastro guys, they have already added the option for DSSA-carriers! Well - just not forget to send Callisto coordinates for EDastro too, as soon as we find beautiful place for her. ;) (Or will it arranged from EDastro automatically)?

Yep, mine is hard-coded just as a test case. As soon as the GMP starts adding them, I'll be able to make the pins update automatically to match.

I'm in Chicomoztoc and there's loads.
Goldschmidt in Chicomoztoc is a Refinery.
Selkana is Extraction/Agriculture, so there may not be much. I believe they got it wrong in Beta 1 - Tritium should have been available in a Refinery rather than Extraction economy.
I'll see if I can nip over to Selkana at some point and check.

Last edited:

Deleted member 38366

D
Has anyone checked in Beta, if they still have good tritium supply in Selkana, for the expedition?

Whatever you'll be looking at as candidates, their Primary Economy must read "Refinery" and it must be a Station or Outpost in orbit. Anything else and you'll likely get no supply.

I've asked internally with the folks who are coordinating the group FC launch. Will update when I hear back. Very good question.

UPDATE:
Likely departure system is BD-22 3573 which has high Tritanium stockpiles in beta 2. That's where I'd recommend storing ships and modules for transfer to the FC on launch day. The big disclaimer, though, is that availability could change between beta 2 and launch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom